[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Common animal misconceptions >I need to be dominant with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: _1508128_orig.jpg (18 KB, 303x341) Image search: [Google]
_1508128_orig.jpg
18 KB, 303x341
Common animal misconceptions

>I need to be dominant with my dog as i am the alpha!

no, go research proper training techniques and stop watching caeser millan. dominance theory has been disproved.

>I just feed my guinea pig rabbit food, they're basically just rabbits without the ears

Go for it. Enjoy dealing with the scurvy and dead guinea pig.

>Betta live in ponds in the wild!

Yeah, briefly maybe, any longer and they die. This does not give you a pass to keep your fish in a bowl.
>>
Ok then.
>>
>My cat is a spiteful pee-er/pooper/vomiter
No. Your cat is stressed, sick, hurt or afraid
>>
>>2058359
I wish there was some way to outlaw traditional 1 gallon fish bowls. I wouldn't be surprised to hear 99% of betta fish get shoved in those things their whole lives if not just kept in their store containers.
>>
>>2058483
Eeeeh, when I was a kid we had a cat that didn't like me specifically. I remember it making eye contact with me, and pissed on my jacket intentionally. I watched it do it, and she wanted me to see her.
>>
>>2058489

They've already been banned in at least one jurisdiction.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-07-24/council-bans-goldfish-bowls/2014352
>>
>>2058359
I don't need a theory to tell me that when my dog's pissed and wants to kill another dog that I need to step in. I can't have it doing that every time it sees a dog walking down the street. Are you going to let your dog cuck you? That's like maximum cuck status right there.
>>2058483
Cats are assholes. I've never forgiven the cat species as a hole for my friend's cat trying to steal a piece of my pizza with her mouth one time.
>>
>>2058359
Dogs need an alpha. They're pack animals fuck boy.
>>
>>2058359
Ponds are big a lot bigger then puddles. I think you meant puddles. People say puddles. They don't say ponds. They say puddles. It's puddles anon. Puddles.
>>
>I don't have to fix him he's a purebred that would make him worth nothing.

Who cares about resale value and what makes you think anybody would want him? We're not talking about drymounting a limited edition print.
>>
>assumption that pet industry is somehow regulated and, if a product is sold in store and is indicated for your species, it must be safe

I'm not calling for government intervention here but at the very least pet supply companies need to yank products off shelves that have been proven to be harmful and potentionally fatal to pets.
>>
>>2058667
this really pisses me off. those parasite medications with ingredients known to kill cats

or even just those wheels with bars instead of being a solid material that people give to rodents, just asking for injury
>>
>>2058483
>he a good kitty
>>
>But don't chickens need roosters to lay eggs?
I spend at least fifteen minutes trying to explain this to people every fucking time I hear it.
>But [literally any non-dog animal] can't love you because it doesn't [dog behavior]!
Self explanatory.
>[small animal] is fine in small cages because they're small!
Anything smaller than a Guinea pig = fits in a hamster cage.
>[anything involving negative reinforcements in dog training]
No, jimmy, making your 8 week old puppy eat its own shit doesn't teach him where he should go. Shocking, I know.
>>
>>2058836

>Anything smaller than a Guinea pig = fits in a hamster cage.

Most hamster cages aren't good for mice. They can escape or accidentally get their heads stuck in the bar spaces.

Cages are really unsuitable for gerbils too, because gerbils prefer to live in deep tunnels made of substrate
>>
>>2058836
Idk man, we've been doing treat training to get him to go outside.. But one little smack during an accident and he really did get that we don't want him to go inside.
>>
File: 1440977797743.png (10 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
1440977797743.png
10 KB, 261x195
>>2058526
It's puddles, anon.
>>
File: pPETNA-5150870_main_t300x300.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
pPETNA-5150870_main_t300x300.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
>>2058974
Most hamster cages are far too small for hamsters, even.

Gerbils are great if you can get a tank with a cage topper, then fill the tank part with substrate. they love that shit

>>2058836
>No, jimmy, making your 8 week old puppy eat its own shit doesn't teach him where he should go.

people do this? actually encourage coprophagy?

i guess this is why good dog trainers always say you need to train the owners more than the dog.
>>
>>2058359
It hasn't been disproven; also, you're a moron if you think dog packs don't have a hierarchy. Literally, look at any dog pack. Any.
>>
>>2058540
You would be amazed. I was given a dog once. A neighbor of a friend. He was getting rid of it because it was a show dog, and it had injured itself jumping on something so it had a scar on it's shoulder, so it was no good for shows anymore. Literally the guy was like "I can't show it, so why the fuck keep it, it's worthless."

People that like status dogs tend to be worthless people.
>>
>>2058507
>as a hole
>>
>>2061183
It has been though Dog packs don't have strict hierarchy
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.