[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ANIMAL PROTECTION BILL PASSES MICHIGAN STATE SENATE; MAY FACE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Siberian-Husky.jpg (146 KB, 769x1039) Image search: [Google]
Siberian-Husky.jpg
146 KB, 769x1039
https://archive.is/jVPnQ

The bill was was well-meaning; it began as an attempt to create
>a registry of animal abusers.

Many states like Tennessee and New York are turning to this as a solution to prevent animals abuse, but it also serves the dual purpose of
>identifying violence against children, families and future killers of humans.

Anthropologist Margaret Mead worked extensively to understand the
>link between animal abuse and human on human abuse.

Mead was one of the first researchers to conclude that
>cruelty to animals from children could be a precursor to future violence.

>In 1964, she wrote:
“One of the most dangerous things that can happen to a child is to kill or torture an animal and get away with it… [as] such children, diagnosed early, could be helped instead of being allowed to embark on a long career of episodic violence and murder.”

The bill has passed the Senate, but the state House still has an opportunity to strip the unconstitutional provision. Republican Senator Rick Jones is urging his colleagues to refrain from doing so because it could put

>a crucial bill to protect animals

in jeopardy.

“The minute I cross that line and I start talking about the other stuff, I won’t even get another hearing. It’ll be done,” Rep. Jones explained to The New Civil Rights Movement.

“Nobody wants to touch it. I would rather not even bring up the topic, because I know what would happen. You’d get both sides screaming and you end up with a big fight that’s not needed because it’s unconstitutional…

>If we could put a bill in that said anything that’s unconstitutional be removed from the legal books of Michigan, that’s probably something I could vote for, but am I going to mess up this dog bill that everybody wants? No.”

Logan’s Law is named after a Siberian Husky that died tragically after
>having acid intentionally poured over him.
>>
>>2058290
>Unconstitutional provision
This law, if signed into effect, will not last. Michigan is one of those states, too, where these laws get made and dumped in a matter of years because no one wants to put up with it, rather, the people getting in trouble, won't put up with it.
>>
Sorry but I'm confused. What part about the dog bill is unconstitutional?
>>
>>2058405
Same here
>>
>>2058405
by their logic, sex offender registries are unconstitutional too
>>
>>2058452
Yea, I don't see why they're jumping the gun like that.
>>
>>2058405
>>2058409
You didn't even read the article. It's not a "dog protection bill", its an anti-sodomy bill and Lawrence v. Texas determined that banning anal sex is unconstitutional.
>>
>>2058496
Oh wow now I see.
>>
>>2058496
It is a dog protection bill, it is just also an anti-sodomy bill because of one sentence. Get rid of "mankind" in that sentence and the rest is fine
>>
>>2058452
they are though
public shame is easily construed as cruel and unusual
especially when some people get on there for trivial things
>>
>>2058558
In my state, it's completely possible for two underage teens to have sex together and for both of them to end up as registered sex offenders. That's fucking bullshit, and it's the reason a friend of mine can't find a job that isn't retail or food service. He also can't live within so many miles of an elementary school and has a bunch of other restrictions. All because he had sex with a 16 year old when he was 15.
>>
If I'm reading this correctly this bill would make it so that children who harm any animal would be listed as a potential threat to human life?
>>
>>2058290
>[as] such children, diagnosed early, could be helped instead
aka thrown into special ed shitholes and isolated from society. Prove your pipedream works before including it in the law
>>
>>2058558
just add what the charges are and you're golden

hell, what you're arrested for is public record here
>>
>>2058290
I don't like registries. Even the sex offender registry. You commit a crime, you get charged and fine/incarcerated per the criminal code, you pay/do the prison stay, you're out. You have a criminal record. This idea of a whole second extra special criminal record that strips you of all kinds of rights beyond the set criminal code sanctions is dumb.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.