[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you hate cats? Do you like cats? If so, explain why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13
File: cat.png (103 KB, 232x320) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
103 KB, 232x320
Do you hate cats? Do you like cats? If so, explain why.
>>
I like having cats because they give no fucks, and a honey badger would wreck my house.
>>
I like cats because they are cute and cuddly. In fact, I'm cuddling with one right now.
>>
File: image.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
image.png
901 KB, 690x460
>>
>>2058276
I like most cats. They rub on me and their purring feels nice. One is keeping my toes warm right now and I appreciate that a lot in an animal.
>>
>>2058299
That meme was funny when it was posted about pugs, now it's just another medium for "dog people" to be upset when people don't like dogs.
>>
>>2058276
>have big ass garden
>of all places,random cat just shits on the roses
>kills my favorite birbs
>can't even kill it or stop it
Fuck ferals. Owned cats are okay.
>>
>>2058322
Oh you can, you just choose not too.
>>2058276
I like other people's cats. I just don't want one.
>>
I really enjoy my cats. The kitten keeps bringing me her toys and hard candy that she likes to play with. The adult cat nuzzles my face if I make kissing sounds at her. They're soft, cuddly, and fun, but can also entertain themselves very well if I have shit to do.
>>
File: image.jpg (527 KB, 1203x803) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
527 KB, 1203x803
>>2058320
>>
>>2058323
This meme again.
>>
>>2058323
>Oh you can
I literally can't. It's illegal.
>>
>>2058334
Don't feed the meme m8. He's probably some backwoods hillbilly who rapes his own family members.
>>
>>2058334
>>2058326
>>2058336
>or STOP it
>Stop
Why do you edgelords automatically assume I meant kill them? Do you know what a live trap is? For fucks sake go have your periods already you fucking drama queens.
>>
people only like cats cause they're infected with toxoplasmosis
>>
>>2058348
Says the hillbilly
>>
>>2058353
>says the preteen girl who will never stop thinking emotionally
>>
>>2058371
says the hillbilly
>>
>>2058371
4chan is +18. No pre-teens here.
>>
File: 2015-12-28 09.49.47.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-28 09.49.47.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>oh look this thread again
Cat pros:
>qt
>furry
>cuddly
>sweet
>meows
>purrings
>random dead gifts
>don't have to take them out to pee/poo esp. when it's cold out
Cons
>teeths
>claws
>scratching
>destruction
>utter chaos
>demon cats
>biting 4 no reason
>buy them nice toys
>only play with paper bags, cardboard boxes, and bottle caps
>uti's
>cancer
>aids
>spiteful pees or poops outside of litterboxes
>litterboxes
>cleaning litterboxes
>not being able to take them for a hike

Cats are like children to me, they're ok and I can pet them as long as they're someone else's.
>>
i am alergic to cats so taht just not an option.
>>
Absolutely not fond of them. I'm severely allergic (both cats and dogs) and my area is absolutely overrun with aggressive feral cats.
>>
>>2058348
>>2058348
>live trap
This is a good long term solution if you don't mind calling animal control or taking them to the control center in the event they won't pick it up.
In some areas, by local ordnance, you're not even allowed to have 'outdoor' cats because the threat they pose to local wildlife (mostly birds, but really to almost all small animal life).

But you can also get a dog, use a low powered pellet gun, get a motion censors that activate a loud noise/flash, or use an automatic sprinkler system.
>>
I think cats are literally the perfect animal. All felines, wild or domesticated. I'm not trolling. I'm not a crazy cat person either. But cats are genuinely perfect in my eyes. I don't hate a single thing about any of them. Not even the threat of getting toxoplasmosis gondii.
>>
>>2058371
Says the fatboy redneck
>>
>>2058533
You've obviously never met a cat that didn't like you. Not trying to be an ass but all animals have traits that aren't becoming. Cats can fuck you up if they want too. Hope you don't get bitten and end up in the hospital with an infection. ;)
>>
>>2058320
That meme was never funny.
>>
I like cats because they make Americans get mad on /an/
>>
>>2058740
those aren't americans, bro.
>>
>>2058571
Not that poster but I've meet a million cats that have been called evil or aggressive to to find out that their stupid own doesn't know how to treat a cat.

I've fostered 3 that turned into total sweethearts within a couple weeks.
>>
i like cats because they're fairly independent but still like you, unlike dogs which rely on you every step of the way like a slobbering idiot (i like dogs too, just less)
>>
>>2058276
I hate outdoor cats.
I am indifferent/mildly positive to indoor cats.
Met 1 cool indoor cat out of like 30, and it was basically like a little nimble dog.

I do however have a hard time with "cat people".
>>
>>2058322
Owned cats aren't okay outside. It's even worse because it means somebody is actively neglecting their cat.
>>
>>2058421
>not being able to take them for a hike
I've seen cats on hikes before, and walks. I believe they were called Burma adventure cat or something. I don't agree with most of their actual pet care, but it's possible. Almost all cats are perfectly capable of being leash trained if you're actually willing to take care of one. If you acquire an adult, it's less likely, but still very possible.
>biting for no reason
Just like dogs, this isn't true. It means you've fucked something up or you're making your cat mad.
>UTI's
Again, probably your fault. If your cat gets frequent UTI's, you're not feeding enough wet.
>spitefully pees/poops outside litter box
Cats need multiple litterboxes, especially in a multi-cat household. If you only supply one litterbox, again, your fault. I've found this behavior is almost always easily remedied by more frequent cleanings and more litterboxes in different locations.
>random dead gifts
First of all, they're not gifts. They're bringing their prey to a safe place, which is the home they're supposed to be contained in correctly. However, they don't actually want it so they leave it. Second, keep your cat inside you fuck.

Continual proof cat owners are fucking incompetent. I love cats. I hate almost every cat owner I've ever met. The standard in cat care is so absurdly low, it baffles me. With dogs, I still hate about 50% of the owners I meet.
>>
Cats in general feel really gross to touch. I hate how the grease sticks to your hands.
Feral/outdoor cats have cost me quite a lot in property damage so I've built up quite a strong dislike. I can't can't say I hate the species as a whole.
>>
>>2058276
Neutral. They are nice to laugh at and toss string with. Not a good cuddle buddy.
>>
Thought it would be lovely to have a cat. It's been 9 years and I hate it. Once it dies I won't get a new cat or any other pet for that matter. It's not worth the hassle.
>>
>>2058822
See, all that's well and good, but the concept of owning an animal that NEEDS multiple places to shit in your house, thus terraforming it into a biodome of catshit-smell isnt something I feel like accepting in exchange for the occasional purr or cuddle.

I dont think many cat people realize just how horrible their house/apartments smell.
>>
File: 1453909252846.jpg (25 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
1453909252846.jpg
25 KB, 600x599
>That meme was funny when it was posted about pugs
>>
>>2058822
> all this deflection
>>
>>2058276
They can be cool. I had one that was a great ratter even though she was tiny. The other cat I had was retarded. I had to smear hotsauce on every wire in the house that she could reach because nothing else would stop her from chewing them in half. She escaped overnight one time . My dogs found her the next day hopelessly tangled in the honeysuckle. Poor stupid thing. She died last year. cancer
>>
>>2058822
>keep your cats indoor
yeah sure, imprison it
I want to treat my cat as I would want to be treated. Have a life of knowledge and adventure, but don't care if I die sooner because of it. I don't have the right to decide the life of my cat
>>
>>2060803
>cats
>knowledge
>>
File: 1432363224748.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1432363224748.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
Help me /an/ I don't want to make a separate thread for this, so i'll hijack this one.

In short, I used to have the litter box in the laundry room next to the noisy machines. My room mate complained that the cat peed eveywhere, but since I moved to a dark, quiet place she started using it again and has not peed elsewhere. My room mate's stupid fucking bitchy sister in law came in to stay for a week and she heard us talk about the cat pee situation and out of the blue one day she complained that she smelled cat pee. She's never had a cat, she doesn't know what cat pee smells like, she's smelling something else but doesn't know what so she jumps on the band wagon and says it's the cat. Now he doesn't want her on the furniture anymore, so any time he sees her on furniture he fucking manhandles her off, and won't listen when I say it's okay.

How do I convince my room mate that the cat is fine now? He's almost thinking of getting rid of her.
>>
>>2060803
By that logic, you don't have the right to own a cat at all. And you probably shouldn't.
>>
>>2060816
Stop being such a little bitch and just set your foot down.
>>
File: 1454371298251.png (351 KB, 853x470) Image search: [Google]
1454371298251.png
351 KB, 853x470
>>2060816
You are letting your roommate get rid of your cat?
I swear, cat people.
>>
File: kit.jpg (67 KB, 220x239) Image search: [Google]
kit.jpg
67 KB, 220x239
I like cats. They're soft, like to be handled, don't really smell, and most aren't as needy as dogs. they're pretty low maintenance house pets. feral cats are a bit of another story but as far as people owned cats i like them
>>
They're just animals, I definitely hate cat owners who seem to only fall onto two ends of the spectrum

>It's an outside cat, it's cruel to keep him inside. It's in his nature to kill birds and wildlife just let him be.

or

>I walk my cat on a leash, it's perfectly normal behaviour. Cats are genuinely perfect.
>>
>>2058276
I like cats, but I am allergic to them. Only about 20% of the ones I meet like me back
>>
i don't like cats

i find them really dirty.,. they dig around in a smelly shit box and walk all over everything

people who have cats say they're clean.. but they also don't realize that they reek of filthy cats

nose blindness is real and cats are filthy smelly bastards

they also have the grossest shit and piss of any animal other than human

i also hate their disgusting tongue

they really gross me out

don't get me started on cat cafes.. that's the grossest thing i can imagine
>>
>>2060816
>she doesn't know what cat pee smells like

Pee smells like pee
>>
>>2060873
Funny how nobody says anything like this about dogs.

Dogs smell putrid no matter how often you wash them. Dogs have no regard for their own cleanliness and would gladly eat poop out of a litter boss and drag it all around the house. Cats on the otherhand don't smell bad at all unless you're a lazy piece of shit who doesn't know how to clean a litter boss. You cat shouldn't be walking on it's own shit ever and even if it does then it's completely sucked dry of any moisture, covered in a layer of litter, and any litter stuck to their feet is removed by the litter mat outside the litter box. Cats instantly clean any foreign smells they get on them which rarely happens because cats don't walk through messes without a care unlike other animals. My grandma has a house with Carpet and her cats lay on the furniture all day but she cleans the litter box. Half her family doesn't even know she owns a cat until it comes up in a conversation because the cat hides and her house doesn't smell like a litterbox.
>>
File: 1453342629960.gif (226 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1453342629960.gif
226 KB, 320x240
>>2060946
>any litter stuck to their feet is removed by the litter mat

Not true at all.
>>
>>2060949
I guess there are cats that don't wipe that much but my two cats both obsessively scratch outside on the mat like they're still burying in the box.
>>
>dogs as soon as you let them inside from shitting in your yard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niLYLYg170U

Why are dog owners also hypocrites when it comes to cats?
>>
>>2060946

dogs don't shit and piss in a reeking box in the house and put their shitty litter feet and their bare assholes all over places where food belongs

most animals don't

only cats
>>
>>2061004
If a litter box smells then its because of a lazy owner. This is a shitty arguments.

Dogs put their bare assholes everywhere. Deluded as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvkr6GBWLw
>>
>>2061026
>i eat and prepare food on the floor, where a dogs asshole goes
>>
>have guests over
>dog greets them
>dog goes and lays on his bed

>have guests over
>cat jumps on laps
>cat places bare asshole on guests chests
>cat sticks bare asshole in guests faces
>>
>>2061026
if a litterbox doesn't smell it means it's never been used

unless you empty and wash that fucker with bleach every fucking day, twice a day >>>>>it stinks<<<<<
>>
>>2061026
>scent blindness detected
>>
like them. no interest in them as a pet, but I always get on with it whenever I'm around one

theres one that keeps sleeping under my car though and thats annoying as shit cause I literally have to crouch down and scare him off every morning, otherwise I'd probably accidentally kill the poor little fucker
>>
>>2058833
Mine literally feel like bunnies. But they're fed good food and strictly indoors.
>>
>>2061039
>get out of jail free arguments detected

If thats all you can say why even post.
>>
>>2061035
You scoop it every day. A litter box with 1 pile of poop or piss in it does not smell. If it does then that means you should stop using 1$ bags of cat litter from the dollar store or change it because you haven't in the last 5 years.
>>
>>2061074
>a toilet with one pile of piss or shit in it does not smell

see how stupid you sound?
>>
File: toxoplasmosis_infographic.jpg (110 KB, 1000x721) Image search: [Google]
toxoplasmosis_infographic.jpg
110 KB, 1000x721
>>
File: 031114_cat_1130.jpg (43 KB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
031114_cat_1130.jpg
43 KB, 780x438
>>
File: catloaf.jpg (59 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
catloaf.jpg
59 KB, 640x640
>>2058276
Because My cat does this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRC6n9T9ozU
>>
>>2061112
>>a toilet with one pile of piss or shit in it does not smell
Not as stupid as the one comparing litter to fucking water

Retard
>>
>>2058276
Yes

They are shit tier pets for shit tier people
>>
>>2062379
>he actually believes his cat's shit doesn't stink
>>
>>2058276
No idea. How could anyone hate them?
>>
>>2058324
Enjoy your toxoplasmosis
>>
>>2060949
Aren't you that child who had a mental break down and started typing in all caps in some cat hate thread?
>>
>>2063027
Nobody denied that.

When it's buried in fresh cat litter is when you can't smell it.
>>
>>2063140
maybe YOU can't
>>
they really are quite gross

i'm looking after my aunt's two right now.. i go every day to feed, water and scoop litter..

every day i'm appalled at how fucking gross and disgusting the shit boxes are

being covered in clay doesn't help - the whole house smells like cat piss and shit

my clean freak grandparents just got a cat

i used to visit them at least once a week.. now i try and get them to go out because their gross new cat walks on the kitchen table and eating food on it makes my physically ill

their condo also smells like shit because that is what happens when you keep a box of shit in your house

i put an envelope with $20 under my neighbors door with a note asking them to use the money to buy the $.20 extra "heavy duty" garbage bags because every week on garbage day they track cat litter all over the hall when the welfare bags they buy fail .. every fucking week

i have to use the back door or else i'll track cat litter into my house AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE A FUCKING GROSS GOD DAMN CAT.. their apartment smells too.. especially in the summer
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.