[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horror stories.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 2048x1536
So everybody has been in the woods, and felt a chill run down your spine. Most of the time it's just you imaging things you pussy, but what about the times where something actually happened.

Tell me your horror stories.
>>
>>2056653
>Tell me your horror stories.

I unknowingly walked between a mother turkey and her chicks and she attacked me.

In Belize we camped by a river and some sort of spooky bugs set up shop in my rainjacket and swarmed all over me the next day and they were so flat against my skin I couldn't brush them off easily.

I caught a bluegill once and the hook lodged into a ball of parasitic worms which came out of the bluegill as I was lifting it out of the water.

/blog
>>
>>/out/
>>
File: Fisher.jpg (37 KB, 520x354) Image search: [Google]
Fisher.jpg
37 KB, 520x354
I was once charged by what I believe to have been a fisher.

It was night time and I heard some light rustling, which quickly changed into the sound of something running towards me. I turned on my flashlight in the direction of the sound and saw that only a few feet away from me was an angry-looking medium-sized animal.

When the light hit its eyes, it turned and ran.
>>
>>2056653
Nice Miley Cyrus photo.
>>
>>2056653
outdoors would be better for this thread
>>>/out/
>>
File: Tik upside down backwards.jpg (19 KB, 316x250) Image search: [Google]
Tik upside down backwards.jpg
19 KB, 316x250
>>2056653

That shit reminds me of the alien from Xtro flick. Even it's main scene takes place in a forest where it lands.
>>
I was chased up onto a picnic table by a porcupine once. That was the boldest, most pissed off porcupine I've ever seen.
>>
>>2057366
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's ever seen that fucking movie.
>>
>>2057381

That movie is the fucking reason why I'm still scared shitless of walking through the forest at night.
>>
File: received_658403790964334.jpg (9 KB, 242x234) Image search: [Google]
received_658403790964334.jpg
9 KB, 242x234
Stayed out alone in a forest known to have coyotes once, heard some kinda something moving around all night
>tfw my light batteries were running low and the matches were wet
>>
>>2056653
>>>/b/
>>>/a/
>>>/c/
>>>/k/

>>>/t/
>>>/o/

>>>/x/
>>
I think its a worthwhile nature thread. Just because it invokes emotions about nature doesnt mean it isnt nature related. People make threads about how they feel about animals.

I'm not sure either of my stories are what OP means though. I'll be very brief.

Once, I was caught on a small peninsula that flash flooded during an abrupt electrical storm. So no matter where I stood, I was ankle high in dirty water in the middle of a lake next to trees in an electrical storm. I was watching trees all around me get vaporized by lightning strikes. I learned that up close, lightning doesn't look like lightning. It just looks like a beam of light.

So as treetops all around me were exploding in flashes of fire, I had to walk past them (the peninsula is nothing but forest) and it felt like walking past a bunch of bombs because I didnt know which was going to blow up next. I certain that I was about to get my ticket punched. Luckily, it was over in about 15 minutes, the worst of it being about 7 minutes.

The other story is much less dramatic; I simply turned a corner coming home through a field into a small forest. Turning the corner, I was face to face with a stag, who panicked, reared and went charging into someones yard, kept panicking, and charged back out and into another.

It was a bit of a fright for both of us.
>>
i guess ill share a story
ive run into a couple incidents in my time walking around in woods and what not
like once i was climbing a tree and accidentally got close to a birb nest or two that i didnt notice until i heard birbs screaming at me then a small flock of them attacked me and i fell out of the tree, they were just blackbirds but still a flock of those devils is enough to knock me out of a tree
>>
>>2060477
>another one
me and my friend were hiking up in the open space behind his house, mostly hilly forests that have grazing cows roaming in the hilly parts
so we found a cow calf that got lost and we didnt know what to do so we just kept our distance but then it came clser and closer to us and eventually started following us. so we started walking around looking for more cows and when we walked through some bushes there was whole lot of them and the calf just ran out to the cows and then its mother charged at us and almost hit my friend and thats when we ran like hell and almost went tumbling down a hill
>>
>>2060479
last one cause im v tired of typing desu
also probably the scariest one
was hiking with some friends, its all pretty normal and guicci, then walk past a a fallen tree and there it is: a fucking grizzly bear
and it immediately looked at us and stood up and like roared, or whatever you call the loud angry noise they make, and we were running before it even making that noise and after we ran pretty far it was still in sight so we kept fucking running eventually we ran far away enough to where it gave up (probably cause we ran hella far and over a small river)
anyways it was easily one of the scariest experiences of my life, but even though i was running like hell i was ready to fucking fight to my death cause of all the adrenaline
>>
>>2056653
I once came upon a mother elk and her fawn drinking from a stream.
It wasn't until she noticed me that I realized how fucking enormous elk are.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.