[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello. I'll be adopting a dog soon. Want to make sure I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: students_best_friend.jpg (38 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
students_best_friend.jpg
38 KB, 300x299
Hello. I'll be adopting a dog soon. Want to make sure I am on the right route with my plan. I have only had cats, and do currently have two cats, so it is new to me. The dog is about a year old.

>Separate dog and cats for about an hour. Swap. Controlled introduction on a leash. Have Feliway for dogs and cats going in both areas. Foster mom says he is good with cats and "knows they run the show".
>Will keep everyone together, but buy baby gates large enough the cats can slip through but the dog cannot
>Will probably separate the dog for at least the first night
>Take a few days off of work. He is housebroken. Take him outside about every 4 hours to get him on a schedule.
>Start teaching him his basic commands and getting him accustomed to a crate
>Lots of walks at first to keep him tired around the cats
>Once back at work, keep the animals separated and come home during lunch to give him a potty break
>Continue that for a few weeks

Sounds good or did I fuck up somewhere?
>>
pls respond
>>
>>2055882
/AN/ is a slow board. We take time to reply and threads can survive for days. That said, it looks like you're on the right path. Happy introductions!
>>
>>2055929
Oh okay. Well glad I am thinking right. Hopefully everyone will at least tolerate each other.
>>
>>2055882
You fucked up big, OP.
You should've at least posted pics of pupper or kitties.
Aside from that, only your cats can really ruin this all at this point.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.