[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want a predator fish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (386 KB, 1444x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386 KB, 1444x1000
So I want a predator fish to keep my guppy population at bay. I don't want them to suffer.

What's one will hunt and kill only one guppy at a time , and will allow my guppies to breed?

I have a ten gallon.
Should I get another tank in addition and just use them as feeder fish?
>>
>>2055149
pretty much any predator you put in there is going to eat them all in one day.
>>
>>2055157
What if I feed them a lot of flakes
>>
Bobbit worm
>>
Fucking really? You need to make another thread? Seriously, it wont last no matter what. If you had a 1,000 gallon tank with 500 guppies and you put one big cichlid in there, It MIGHT last a month. Thats totally not your case, and you having trouble keeping guppies alive as it is, so you shouldn't be getting any other fish anyways.
>>
>>2055161
Seconding this.
>>
>>2055165
Bubblers do not add oxygen into the tank. They are solely for creating surface agitation so they can exchange gasses.
>>
>>2055165
Ok mr mean mod.
You know it's not your job to be a prick.
>>
>>2055177
I second this.
>>
>>2055157
>>2055161
I guess what I need is an aggressive fish that will not always but will sometimes attack and kill a fish
Will a betta give me that effect?
I just want to see some action.
>>
>>2055188
A fish like that doesn't exist. Fish will keep eating if they have the option to, because most of them are unable to actually tell when they're full.
Also if that's why your keeping fish, just stop. Or get a really big predator, and a really big tank, and feed feeder goldfish. Otherwise, seriously, fucking stop.
>>
>>2055197
Dude kill yourself.

How dare you question me.

You fucking bitch.

Eat shit and ROT
>>
>>2055197
>>2055161
>>2055165
Ctenolucius hujeta Apparently does well with fish of similar size , but will hunt at night

I mean what's a really small predTor?
>>
>>2055205
Thats a joke, right? That's a freshwater barracuda. Those things need lots of swimming space. like 4 feet minimum, with 6-8 feet being preferred. That absolutely is not an option.
>>
>>2055197
I've kept cichlids for a long time and they eat until full and will save the other fish until hungry again. Though cichlids are smarter than most fish.
>>
>>2055205
Basically no predator can live in a tank your size and still be capable of eating all your guppies without just shredding them and killing them over a week or so.
>>
>>2055211
Maybe some cichlids. I have had rams that would eat eat eat, puke, then continue to eat.
>>
>>2055210
>>2055211
>>2055212
What about
Asian killfish
>>
>>2055214
That's somewhat reasonable. But it's most likely not going to eat all of your guppies. Also remember getting any predator will require you to do more water changes if your using live foods
>>
>>2055179
>expecting people on /an/not to be pricks
>>
>>2055149
Heres what im doing. Im breeding guppys currently for food.
I have a guppy tank and two other tanks kne with some goldfish and another with a betta. When my population gets big ill give newborns to the betta and small ones to the gold fish hell i probally wont feed them to the betta on second thaught but still. Get somthing large ebouhh to eat then. I used to have a golden wonder that was a fucking alagator and wouldeat full size ones and not give a fuck. So yeah get a couple of those or somthimg in another tank and just live feed him
>>
>>2055149
Why don't you eat them yourself?
>>
>>2055211
>Though cichlids are smarter than most fish.
Source?
>>
>>2055161
This is actually not that bad but OP must be also aware that he can't kill it unless he smashes his tank to the ground.
>>
>>2055355
google.com
>>
>>2055293
This, or sell them.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.