[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is my cat a Siberian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: kinglou.png (461 KB, 564x588) Image search: [Google]
kinglou.png
461 KB, 564x588
Hey /an/

I have become very curious recently on whether or not my cat is of the Siberian breed.

I have seen a cat that looks absolutely identical to him, who is one and that is where my wonder started.

We had adopted him from the pound around 8 months ago, He was brought in after his owners were arrested and sent to jail, so its not like he was a stray at all.

I figured I better ask you guys, as oppose to Yahoo Answers.

his instagram if you wish to check it out is @kinglouthecat
>>
File: kinglou2.png (486 KB, 564x584) Image search: [Google]
kinglou2.png
486 KB, 564x584
>>2054518
>>
Unless you have the papers in which case I doubt you would be asking, probably not
>>
>>2054518

Dunno what it is, but that is one damn fine looking pussy. Good on you, anon.
>>
>>2054535

Dang,

yeah its just an unfortunate circumstance where as I said the previous owners were arrested, which gets rid of any chance of proving it through papers.

Oh well, thanks anyways guys.
>>
>>2054535
Sorry guys, what I meant to say that unless you have papers then you probably won't ever find out.
>>
Maybe one day they'll work out a DNA test for cats like Wisdom Panel for dogs.

>>2054561

A quick google search turned up this -
http://www.animalsdna.com/www.animalsdna.com/web/page/feline_dna_profile.html

I don't know anything about them. But it might offer you some options.
>>
>>2054587

Further reading shows there is no DNA breed identification test for felines. The test for other things, like blood relation and disease markers, but not breed.
>>
No offense, but your cat looks nothing like a Siberian in structure

Likely a DLH
>>
>>2054899
That's that I first thought too. He might be a mix though. If he is a moggie, he's a very pretty one
>>
File: IMG_20151101_242857613.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151101_242857613.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>2054899
What's my cat's breed? I'm thinking Persian.
>>
>>2055006
Mixes are even rarer than purebreds, because people who can afford them actually take care of them and fix them. He's a mutt. Just long hair isn't a Siberian trait. Not every curly haired dog is a purebred poodle, why do you think your cat is purebred Siberian because it has long fur?
>>
Unless you have the papers, its just a mutt.
>>
Papers for a cat ... that's like having a certificate of authenticity for one of those little coins minted from the ruins of the world trade center.

Who gives a fuck? It's a cat. It's pretty much a collectable, except everyone collects them, so only have value to eccentrics and the cats themselves serve zero purpose - exactly like those damn coins

"Oh, but wait, you can prop up the little towers so they stand off the coin!"

... no, still don't give a shit.

Enjoy your animal as the companion it is. Bloodline only matters in keeping them disease free.

Dogs are, of course, a blaring exception to this. You don't buy a blender to chop down a tree. You don't want to be sold a pyrenees/toy poodle mix to guard your livestock.
>>
>>2055441
You make a valid point but there are major behavioral differences between cat breeds and pretending that a Savannah or Bengal is just a Scottish Fold with a different paint job is pure ignorance.
>>
>>2055441
So I can boost my ego and feel better about myself? And so I can feel different knowing my cat is unique? Fuck off shitlord. My cat is Siberian, at least that's the fact I'm going to enlighten my friends with, and that's final.

Ever thought of offing yourself? You prolly own some generic SHITcat. Goodbye.
>>
>>2054518
No, but he is majestic. Got more pictures?
>>
File: cat breed identification.jpg (72 KB, 1236x768) Image search: [Google]
cat breed identification.jpg
72 KB, 1236x768
there's no exceptions to this rule, DNA tests are meaningless in cats.

it doesn't matter how much it looks like a breed, if it doesn't have paperwork for it it isn't that breed.
>>
>>2055452

I seriously can't tell if this guy is being serious or sarcastic.
>>
Your cat is just a cat. I'm sorry if this offends you. It really shouldn't.
>>
Why not Norwegian Forest cat then? Sounds even cooler (well, warmer, but more WILD).
>>
>>2055459
Then perhaps you should have been a bit less "snappy" to start with?
>>
>>2054518
>no papers

It's a mongrel.
>>
>>2056171
You're an idiot. It's a mutt. Less than ten percent of cats are purebred, you really think this is a NFC? Why can't anyone accept that a cat, even not your own, isn't special?
>>
File: kinglouuuu.png (835 KB, 582x584) Image search: [Google]
kinglouuuu.png
835 KB, 582x584
>>2057036
Yeah it was more so for me to figure out whether or not he was, due to health concerns . Just trying to figure out if there is anything with his breed that would cause his problems recently.

I had just seen a cat identical to him, which was a Siberian, and that caused my initial question.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 400x487) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 400x487
Op your cat is a mutt. Nothing wrong with that. Pic related is an actual Siberian.
>>
>>2057691
Fuck you, your a mutt. Subhuman pos, wheres your goddam papers? Fuck off Obama.
>>
>>2057691

https://www.instagram.com/sunny_siberian/

Here is a Siberian cat that I thought looked identical to mine, which is where the question is presented from.
>>
>>2057709
..... I am also now realizing I just assume it is a Siberian based on the description, so I should not judge what it says at face value.
>>
>>2057709
That cat isn't a Siberian either.
>>
>>2057709
Yeah, that's not a Siberian.
>>
>>2057691
>mutt
I think you mean 'moggie'.
>>
>>2059493
No I meant mutt.
>>
>>2059496
Actually I think you'll find you mean 'moggie', monsieur. We'll have none of that mutt talk here.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.