[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a situation I loved rodents my whole life But I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 332x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 332x480
I got a situation
I loved rodents my whole life
But I'm deathly allergic
But it's a long story but they are dear to me
Kind of like that poet who had rabbits that helped him cope with shit
I have 1 hamster and had 3 mice. A mom and two daughters.

The ham is approaching her 3 years.
And the mice well
The mother died a few days ago. Then her daughter about a day later suddenly. Now I'm left with one

I want to get her a friend
How's the best way to do this

Also how is it that even though I'm allergic to rodents (my rats back in the day had me have two hospital visits. Smaller ones are easier in this case. For those wondering why I don't have the based rodent pet) I have a ham and a mouse
The ham gives me worse allergies when I handle/clean her cage?
Don't they piss less?

Pic related
My lonely girl
>>
Dwarf hamsters have claws that are so thin they're like hair, so they don't scratch. That might help with you allergy.

Dwarf hamsters are generally friendlier, than the standard hamsters. They also are too weak to chew through nearly anything so they're great if you like those plastic cages with all the tunnels and toy add ons.

In case you end up with a pregnant female (pet stores can be very unreliable about keeping genders apart) they only have four babies which sure beats having to deal with a dozen with standards.

Good luck!
>>
>>2054412
Is the hamster a syrian or a dwarf? I know from experience females tend to smell snice go into heat every few days. If she's in one if those commercial cages that from the pet store that might be the problem. Give her a bigger space like 20gallon tank or bigger then add 3-5 inches of her bedding. This should help keep her odor down.
They also have pee spots they use over and over. Clean it out evey few days. My mother isnt allergic to my boys, but to their urine.
Until then once she passes on to rainbow bridge look into smaller hamsters like roborovkis, campbells or winter whites. If you plan on owning a group make sure its even numbers.
>>
>>2054451
All of that is true. Nails are thinner. Yet their dander is worse for me. Just to say. But yeah general no smell etc. I do have a dwarf so...
>>2054484
Now I'm confused
So both of you are saying fuck mice?
They bite rarely of not at all compared to hams
Also I'm by a pet store now looking at mice.
>>
File: screenshot_20160102190829.png (551 KB, 640x1137) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_20160102190829.png
551 KB, 640x1137
>>2054812
Second anon here about fem smell.
Thsts not whst I meant by giving that advice. I assumed you might be looking into getting another hamster after your old lady passes on.
>>
Get a short tailed opossum or something.
They're basically rodents but aren't rodents so might not trigger your allergies at all.
>>
>>2054902
Oh I will. I'll go for a Chinese though.
But what do I do about mouse? She alone.
>>
>>2054918
Oh wow
I didn't know this was real
Do they bite?
Cause last time I checked their teeth are like sharks
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.