[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've mentioned this little bugger before, and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: cat2.jpg (833 KB, 1536x2560) Image search: [Google]
cat2.jpg
833 KB, 1536x2560
So I've mentioned this little bugger before, and I'm in a bit of a bind with her. She adopted us after her owner died, but being students we aren't in the best position to keep her. Our current landlord has been kind enough to let us keep her, however we'll be moving later this year and taking her is out of the question. Our new landlord will not allow pets, plain and simple. We've been looking for shelters and rescues, but at 17 they have all so far turned her down due to her age, and have even been advised to put her down. Not even the RSPCA will take her. She's still very active and healthy, so putting her to sleep is out of the question, and is such a sweet animal I really feel she deserves a good home for the rest of her years. Dose anyone have any advice or experience with rehoming an older cat? I've advertised her online and will be printing out advertisements to post up around uni and town. Is there anything else I could do? Pic related of the poor old lass, Daisy.
>>
>>2053696
Ask your parents and close friends.
She doesn't have any health problems does she?
>>
What area do you live in OP?
>>
>>2053696
If you have Facebook type in "(your location) for sale". For sale in (location) results will pop up. Join any that are within a 0-50 mile radius from you and post her and a touching story. Guarantee someone will take her in within a few days. (Advice: scan their profiles first to judge if they'd even be good pet owners. Usually you can tell.)
>>
>>2054372
Forgot to mention that these "for sale -" results are actually groups. But intended for people to buy things others have posted or sometimes adopt pets. It's like Craigslist but you see who you're buying from
>>
>>2053696
I guess I don't have to tell you how difficult it is to adopt out such an old animal, since you already know. You know now that shelters won't take her in, probably because they would have just euthanized her and they wouldn't want to take in an animal just to put it down. I would suggest bringing her to a vet for a full check up so any potential adopters can rest easy about her health. However, it's undeniable that new owners will have to put her down soon. It's looked down upon, but in this case I wouldn't suggest a rehoming fee, and if you're desperate, which it sounds like you are, you may have to play on pity and urgency to get someone to take her. If she doesn't get adopted, I hope you will at least have the decency to not throw her out on the streets; she is more likely to die slowly that way
>>
>>2053696
Where do you live, OP?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.