[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cats and laserpointer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 776299_LB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg (23 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
776299_LB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg
23 KB, 1000x1000
funny or not? do or don't?
>>
https://youtu.be/9BY49FH3stE

this is mine obviously having fun
>>
It can be a fun time for both of you but you should always follow up with a toy that they can actually catch and "kill;" otherwise, they can become frustrated which can lead to behavioral issues, especially in kittens
>>
>>2053593
Don't use green ones. You could blind your cat.
>>
>>2053593
don't use high wattage blue ones. You could ignite your cat.
>>
Don't use barrel mounted red ones. You could shoot your cat.
>>
Dont use hilt mounted red ones. Your cat might become a sith lord
>>
Its animal abuse. Abusing the cat's instincts for human entertainment. That is disgusting. Humans shouldn't even be keeping cats, or any pets, in the first place.
>>
Imagine you had someone appearing out of thin air, jumping in front of you, dancing a bit, then disappearing again. Imagine that happened a few times every day.

It doesn't matter if you give it something else to kill. You're showing the cat that no where is safe. There is something that can get them anywhere, that they can never defend themselves from or attack.

How would you feel about that? Yeah? Guess what? Cats are the same.

Make your own call.
>>
>>2054151
>>2054159

Proudly sponsered by PETA
>>
>>2054159
Yes, because I'm sure that's why my cat gets excited whenever I open the draw that holds the laser pointer, and not because it's time to play.
>>
Don't use high energy gamma ray ones. You could irradiate your cat.
>>
my cats get excited once they hear the chain on the laser pointer and they start looking around for the red dot
>>
>>2054159
>imagine if a glowing hologram of a butterfly appeared out of thin air and an anon on 4chan lost his shit because he's a soggy wizard's sleeve and is terrified of butterflies and things that glow
>>
>>2054151
Yeah I agree, let's leave all our pets in a remote location where we can't abuse them anymore and only adopt bugs.

Wait, those would be pets. okay plants, we can keep plants.

Oh wait they're alive and we would be abusing their growth.

Okay, we can keep nothing and abuse nothing and just do nothing. yes that sounds perfect.
>>
>>2054151
I almost fell for it
>>
I always imagine laser pointers are like the weeping angels for cats, or some other Dr.Who like shit.
Like some abstract 1 Dimensional entity, that only appears when it intersects with a surface, so you can never touch it because you are a surface too.
>>
My cat makes those bird chirping noises when she hears me picking up the laserpointer. Batteries are currently dead though, so she hasn't played with it for awhile.
>>
>>2054625
those chirps are for when they feel like they can't catch something, right? Like when they see birds high up somewhere.
Why do they do that anways? It's not immitating birds to bait them, is it? That'd be dumb, and I doubt it'd work.
>>
Don't use industrial strength ones. You could bisect your cat.
>>
>>2054159
That's why my cat doesn't like them. It worked for two minutes the first few times, now he doesn't hunt them anymore.
Same with bubbles, he used to dig where they touched the ground and 'vanished'.

Cats may be stupid but they aren't that stupid. Even if they don't get how these things work, if they don't have fun doing it, they'll leave it. As long as you don't keep going even if the cat wants to stop, there's no problem.

If a cat suffers from that kind of problems because of a uncatchable light point it might have psychological issues caused by something bigger.
>>
>>2054628
I always thought of it as a sort of analogue to a human groaning in frustration it anticipation.
>>
>>2054625
>>2054628
>>2054657
I've only seen cats do that when looking at birds, and once at a moth. It's a mimicry thing. Wildcats have also been observed making similar calls to tamarians.
>>
>>2054670
It is not known exactly why they do this, but imitating their prey is the most agreed upon explanation.
>>
I can't get my cat to play with any other toy. He gets bored of everything else after a minute or so of playing with it.

I usually just throw a piece of kibble on the ground and point the laser at it so he'll think he caught something.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.