[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I may or may not have found a cat in a parking garage last Monday.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Photo Jan 25, 9 30 52 AM.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
Photo Jan 25, 9 30 52 AM.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
I may or may not have found a cat in a parking garage last Monday. Most cats you come across run away when you approach them, but this guy didn't. Found him in the morning, and then he was still there in the stairwell 4 hours later. So I scooped him up because I don't know why.

All he does is hide. He's under my bed right now. He's eating really little, and he's only pooped once since I got him (Thursday). Won't even come out for catnip, which they apparently love.

How do I get him to come out? He comes out when he thinks I'm asleep and attacks my vertical blinds, and jumps on stuff a lot, so I know he isn't injured. I want to take him to a vet to see if he's sick, but I can't even get close to him to put him back in the carrier.

Never posted on /an/ before but I'm not sure what to do. Cat related. Thoughts?
>>
>>2050324
Put food inside pet carrier. Let the cat roam freely but also provide asap a cat sandbox
>>
Black cats are the best cats.

Give him some time, he will warm up to you. I know you need to bring him to the vet and stuff but chasing him will only make him fear you more.

>>2050335
Do what this anon said and put the food in the carrier. When he goes to eat, sneak and close the door so you can get him to the vet
>>
Well if you were able to pick him up at some point, he will settle down.
>>
>>2050335
I got a disposable litter box the first night I brought him home. He does use it, although he peed on my blanket once.

>>2050621
I've been really careful not to seem like I'm "going after" him. Now and then I'll sit near him and read Tolkien aloud. I think he likes it.

>>2050643
It was the weirdest thing. I had someone help me out and they just set the carrier down next to him and he straight up walked right into it. No fuss.

I can hear him eating right now, which is I think the first time he's been out of hiding and active while I'm clearly still awake (it's a studio apartment, so you can hear everything that goes on).

Is there anything I would watch for to determine if he was somehow ill? Like I know worms are a thing. Any red flags?
>>
>>2050648
Also my apartment smells like cat pee. How do I not make my apartment smell like cat pee.
>>
Cool cat.

Is it spayed/neutered? If not, it should be, specially if it is a male, non neutered males may spray your apartment.

Glad you are helping it anon.

Make sure you [spoiler]love it lots ;_;[/spoiler]
>>
>>2050649
He probably pissed on things because he's stressed. If he isn't neutered, pissing can be an issue with male cats but atm I'd chalk it up to him being stressed.

Water, vinegar and mouth wash help to get the smell out. Don't leave piles of clothes or fabric around, so he will look else where to piss. Don't leave shit on the floor either, the less piles of things, clothes, blankets, etc the better. Scoop the litter every day. Cats don't like stepping in a dirty litter box.
>>
cats are very good at hiding that they're sick, so you probably won't notice he's sick untill he's very sick, if he is sick at all. You can look at the litterbox to determine little things. For example does he poop and pee regularly, and you should be able to find any possible worms in the poop.
>>
>>2050648
Get two litter boxes for different areas of the house, keep the litter boxes clean.

Get a cat toy, and add that into your bonding sessions, like the feather on a stick with little bells sort of toy, test out what he likes.

Just spend time with the kitty. While he's eating, read a book to them like that, so they associate your voice with food. Get in the habbit of talking, like saying a name you want him to recognize, or say food. Eventually, the cats will recognize what you sound like when there's food to be had and will usually come when called. Sorta.

Get a cat carrier, put a towel in it, then leave it around the house with the door open, so the cat is used to the presence of it.
>>
File: IMG_2421.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2116) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2421.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2116
>>2050649

SCOE for the damage, and get a pheromone plug in. Doesn't smell like anything to humans, but it makes them feel nice and comfy.

Like everyone said, just let him be. Give him a few days. Make sure to have him checked for a microchip, because his behavior makes him sound like a domestic cat. You are right that he needs to see a vet. You never know what could be going on in there. It can be expensive, so I hope you have some money.

If not, congrats, black cats are best cats.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.