[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found this birb on the floor inside the other day and it wouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20160129_180846.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160129_180846.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
I found this birb on the floor inside the other day and it wouldn't stop following me around for ages.
It didn't seem to mind being picked up or anything. It wasn't injured either.
I put it on a tree 50 metres from the property and it straight away flew right back to my veranda.

Eventually my stupid friends put it in their car while I wasn't there and drove it to some beach like 20 minutes away because
>eww birds are somehow so much more gross and dirty than any other animal
>its so annoying because it keeps walking inside
Even though they could have just shut the door.

What kind of bird is it?
And why was it so friendly? I'm sure it wasn't domesticated.
>>
>>2049786
Apologies for the rotated image, my phone sometimes does this for some reason. I didn't even take the photo on this orientation.
>>
>>2049786
I don't know what it is but it looks cool.
Where do you live ?
Try google
>>
do you really not recognize a pigeon?
>>
It's a pigeon, OP.

If its friendly it very well may be domesticated. Could be an escaped pet pigeon.
>>
It is a domestic pigeon, hence the abnormal colors and frilly neck thing. Why didn't you keep him? You lost a bro
>>
>>2049786
Yes, that is a domestic pigeon. They are pretty hardy, so hopefully it survives on its own. 50-50 chance.
>>
>>2049958
what are you talking about, the bird's dead man
>>
>>2050646

>One of the most adaptable and resilient birds in the world

>Just assuming it died

Nah bro. Feral pigeons have colonized entire countries.

It has a good shot at life, especially if it teams up with a few other pigeons. The fact that it's winter (at least here in the northern hemisphere) isn't in its favor, but it looks strong in the pic OP posted so I wouldn't assume it wouldn't make it even if it is winter.

Especially if it teams up with some other pigeons as a flock.
>>
>>2050779
Also the fact that the door was left open for the burd to enter tells me that this is somewhere warm. Plus they're wearing shorts in the pic.
>>
>>2050783
Or cold?
>>
Go back and get it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.