[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Kitty Caps humane?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: softclaw.jpg (18 KB, 268x355) Image search: [Google]
softclaw.jpg
18 KB, 268x355
Are Kitty Caps humane?
>>
File: NAIL CAPS.jpg (972 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
NAIL CAPS.jpg
972 KB, 2272x1704
yes, and fashionable
>>
>>2049153
Ask yourself this question after your new, young cat decides to show your couch how much it loves it.
>>
>>2049171
I have a 7 year old cat who fucked up most of my furniture already, and I've finally broken down and am going to put these on her claws.
>>
yes, just try to do it while your kitty is sleeping to avoid too much stress
>>
I used them for a while. The main issue I had with them is that things got caught under the caps all the time, and that put my cat in some potentially dangerous situations. The worst was when the pull for the window blinds got stuck under a claw cap, and she was precariously hanging off of her window perch with her paw yanked up in the air.

I no longer use them because those sorts of situations made me very wary. I'd rather just trim her nails regularly. But it might not be a problem if your cat is less active.
>>
Yeah, at least more humane than declawing.I gave up trying to save my couch because the problem cat would just chew them off within a day of putting them on though
>>
what is a scratching post
what is training your cat to use that instead of your couch
>>
>>2049211
I'm sorry but this. I agree they are MUCH more humane than declawing, but that's such a natural thing for cats to do.
>>
I don't see the point of them (no pun intended).

If your can manage to get those things on your cat's claws, you could probably manage to properly clip the claws.

Maybe I'm missing something but this just seems kind of gimmicky. I've never used them though. Don't need to.
>>
I have seen conflicting opinions about if it hinders their claw retracting.

Still if you have even considered declawing...
>>
>>2049245

We apply them for customers at the vet office I work at because people can't do it themselves. Cats hate them. Usually takes at least 3 people to apply them since cats get so enraged. Still, keeps the cats off the streets I guess...
>>
They're a gigantic pain to apply, but if you would rather cut their fingers off than deal with some scratched-up furniture, don't ever own a cat.
>>
Garbage just like anyone who buys shit like this.

>buy animal that tears things up
>get upset
Take the time to train your animal faggot.
>declawing
Anyone considering this is mentally ill, stop mentioning it.
>>
>>2049153
Or you could just learn to properly clip your cats nails. If it scratches, pay someone to do it fucking lazy.
>>
>>2049938
If you have to get a cat declawed you shouldnt have a cat!
>>
>>2049941
Clipping nails isn't declawing you retard
>>
Its fairly inexpensive to take it to a vet and get it done. They clip the naild back, and super glue the soft paws on. As the nails grow out, the soft paws come on. I work at an animal hospital and have done plenty/my cat has some because she was clawing away at our carpet.
>>
God damn smart phone. ....please excuse the autocorrect tardness of my previous statement
>>
>>2049211
>>2049221
Doesn't work for all cats.

Personally I just leave a velcro backpack and a laptop bag I don't use around for them to scratch on since they don't even acknowledge the scratching post. Some cats just like certain surfaces, position might come into play too since they prefer to scratch on something on the floor rather than stretching up to scratch.
>>
>>2049342
We just have a holder and a person to glue them on. Depends on the cat I guess?
>>
cats are disgusting

if you're going to allow them into your house just cut the whole foot off
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.