[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you take your pets with you when you moved out of your parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151105_220856.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151105_220856.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Did you take your pets with you when you moved out of your parents house? What were they? If you didn't take them, why not?
>>
I'm moving out soon and my parents want my dog to stay with them. I pay for literally everything and he's registered under my name so they agree that he's mine. But they think he'll have a better life with them since someone will be home all the time. I interact with him more than they do though and they like to spoil him so I feel like he's going to end up overweight and regress on his training. Not that they're bad owners by any means, just that they don't really know how to raise a dog and they tend to anthromorphise him. I'm considering like joint custody desu
>>
I'm moving out soon and I'm trying to decide. my parents wanted him originally as a puppy, but he slowly became mine as they didn't want to deal with a puppy. but now that he's older they'll be fine. I am really really attached to him, but they live on 6 acres of woods and I would be moving into a small apartment with roommates, and a pit/husky would undoubtably do better in the county. plus I worry I wouldn't even be able to find a place that would let me take him due to being a pit. plus one of them is almost always home
>>
>>2048313
>>2048315
Same anon?
>>
>>2048378
no, different people
>>
Yeah, my fat cat came with me. He was first a family pet when I was just a kid, but he never took to my sister. So years later my sister got another cat, and her cat absolutely loves her. Then my parents split up, my mom and sister moved out, and my sister's cat with them. My father wanted my mother to take the family cat too, he didn't want him. But she said the family cat should stay behind because I was the most attached to him. Fast forward five years, my father is now super attached to the cat, but he and I have a falling out and I start condo shopping. I took him regardless of what my father wants because:
A. My father didn't want him in the first place
B. I'm always the one who winds up paying for it when he goes to the vet, including the 4 figure bill when his mouth was infected
C. My father's an asshole, so fuck him. The cat's still registered under my mother's name anyways.
>>
File: P_20151108_234241.jpg (2 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
P_20151108_234241.jpg
2 MB, 4096x2304
>>2048399
Pic related
>>
>>2048313
My roommate left her dog with her parents when she moved out. The thing did nothing but get super fat since she left.
>>
>>2048401
Cute cat
Would cuddle/10
>>
I fucking can't because no apartments around here allow pets. It angers me beyond belief.
>>
>>2049695
What kind of sadness pit do you live in?
>>
My kitty stays with my mom since I'm in college and live in the city. She's much happier there since my mom lives in the country where she can roam outside and hunt. I'm terrified of bringing her here only for her to run outside and get hit by a car.
>>
had two cats at home, but I was moving into an appartment wihtout a garden, and they're outside cats, so they probably wouldn't be happy. I also wanted some time to get settled in a new place on my own, without any responsibilities that come with having a pet. After a while I got my own cat, and he's the sweetest cat i've ever had. the cats at my parents' place were kind of indifferent, but this one is super cuddly and is always waiting at the door when I get home
>>
bit of both. I left my female GSD with my parent's when I moved out to go to college but after 4 years I bought a house and brought her with me. While she was at my parent's I went home to visit nearly every weekend and she was very much my dog, very loyal. I also pulled an asshole move on my parents when I bought my house. A lady I work with found a cute male puppy running around in the road and couldn't keep him. I took him and dumped him on my parents figuring it would only be for a two weeks while my house was going through closing BS but closing ended up taking 2 months. Bank kept losing my paperwork and getting backed up it fucking took forever. My Mom ended up training the puppy for me lol.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-21-09-39-34.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-21-09-39-34.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>2048308
No.
Weimaraner.
It costs $1.4k to fly him from home overseas. He has a beautiful yard to run around in at home and plenty of iguanas to hunt. I still dream about the day I can bring him home to mama. I still cry about him sometimes, but not as much anymore. It's been almost 2 years. I even adopted a new dog to see if he could fill the void.
>cousin sends me pic on snapchat
>open and see pic related
>cry in fetal position for 2 hrs
>crying right now
Why are you giving me such strong feels, /an/?
>>
>>2049695
You could try asking your landlord or something. A lot of times, I'm sure they'd be happy to accept a clean, well behaved, quiet pet, but I don't know how it is where you live. I've read that plenty of apartment owners will make exceptions.
>>
I haven't moved out, but ideally I'd like to take my turtle and cat with me after college. I don't know how well that will go over in an apartment, though. If needs be, I might get my cat certified as an ESA, because I wouldn't even be slightly okay with living somewhere without him.
I'm not bringing my chickens with me for obvious reasons, and I can't bring my other cats because one is my moms and the other is a little cunt. The dog's a bit of a cunt too, but I'm worried they'll ruin her. I've been asking them to spay her for years, she's fed food with corn as the first ingredient, and she gets table scraps every day. She's already pretty far. She's eight and my dad is thinking about breeding her. I might take her to get spayed without saying anything, because they're gonna fucking kill her.
>>
>>2051249
Dude, that's way too old to start breeding. Are they stupid or just ignorant?
>>
I left my cat.

First reason is, at my families place, my parents, my younger sister and our neighbors are around and she loves to get attention. Here she'd be alone more, and if she's not there is just me.

Second reason is, that even if my familie lives in the middle of a city, there are enough yards and green spots around the flat for her to roam around. I live more rural but also not far from an area with rare birds and I don't want her go hunting there. Keeping her inside isn't an option either, it would make her miserable.
>>
>>2048308
A half boxer mix, and a moggie cat. Got rid of the dog about a year before I left, my aunt took him both because I was a teenager and unresponsible, and because my grandparents had too many animals already. He did a lot better with her anyway, more dogs to play with and huge property to run around on. I imagine he's still kicking pretty strong, though he's probably starting to hit his older years now.

My cat I wanted to take with me but he disappeared during the move. My other aunt said she thinks he got hit by a car, but I have a much sneakier suspicion her brother killed him...but whatever. I feel horrible either way, but I had to get away from that house.
>>
Everyone agreed he was my dog but my parents wouldn't let me take him.

I guess its fine. I mean, I'm just one person and there are three at the old house now including my brother. Its not something I'm super happy about though
>>
I didn't, because it was the family's pet, not mine.
>>
>>2052884
If he's yours, they shouldn't get a say. That's like saying you're not allowed to take your computer, or your bed. Just take him and fuck what they think.
>>
No, my friends I'm living with tell me theres no room even though theyve bought 2 dogs since then.
Now I have to go over to my parents house twice a week to bathe her with selsum bluefor a few months each year because her entire back end becomes black and hard from flea allergies according to the vet. Her ears also stay infected and now she has a huge cyst on her head(1.5x the size of a walnut roughly) I drained.
My mother and stepdad chain smoke inside so she always smells terrible and they let her run around the neighborhood since they dont want to walk her and it drives me literally insane, Ive gotten out of bed at 3:00 am on a workday to drive half an hour to see if my dog was outside(she has been 3/7 times Ive done this)
It kills me that this is happening
>>
>>2053094
Tell your friends to fuck off and keep your dog in your room if you need to. Fuck
>>
>>2048308
I really miss my pom/chi, but the apartment complex I moved into is solely carpeted (he likes to mark), and even if I put a cumberbund on him everyday, other pet owners really dont seem to clean up after their pets outside and I dont trust what could be in their dogs' crap that mine could be exposed to. Similarly, he's always grown up with my parents' dogs, and I am not sure how he'd do as a lone dog.
>>
The family dog is pretty much the reason I haven't moved out yet. I did have to move away briefly for a contract job in another state and it was just murder. Especially at her age, every day I was worried I'd get 'the call.'
>>
>>2052752
Both. It's exclusively for money; Boston Terriers sell for a lot around here. They wanted to breed her when she was younger, but thank fucking god the male they bought was incompetent.
>>
>>2053451
How old is she?

>>2053759
I don't like your parents
>>
>>2048308
If you live with your parents, they're not your pets. They're only yours when your parents want them to be. Courts will defend this. There's precedent.
>>
>>2054502
>If you live with your parents, they're not your pets.

Just to clarify, the ownership of the pet is based on the property owner. If you are 30, live with someone else who's 30, and acquire a pet while living together and have no proof of purchase, the pet belongs to the person who owns the property.

If you're a minor, it doesn't matter if you paid for it. It belongs to the property owner, even if they're not a legal guardian of you.

Stuff to keep in mind if you plan on getting into those situations. Keep your receipts, and be super nice to anyone that has the right to take your animal from you.
>>
I'm itching for a dog, just need to persuade my dad to allow it while I'm in his house. He wasn't keen on the idea but seems more open when I say it'll be my dog and I'll take it when I move.
>>
>>2054499
Guess who just told me they bought a Labrador puppy? That's right, my shit fucking parents.
>Well, I sortof hoped you would take care of it, anon!
They paid 900 fucking dollars to stress me out, I am already so over my head with animals already. I'll probably post in the dog general later for help because I am so fucking unprepared.
>>
Had a big orange cat as a kid. Loved him. He was practically half the size of me when I was in middle school.

Didn't take him with me though because he was too old and wouldn't take to the move well. I missed him tons and I've gotten other cats since.
>>
>>2055694
I think it's time to bring your parents to the shelter. Maybe they will do better in a new home.
>>
>>2055707
I'm thinking more along the lines of Old Yeller; I doubt they can be rehabilitated.
>>
>>2055766
That might be for the best
>>
>move away for 6 months
>come back dog isn't my best friend anymore doesn't do all the adorable lovey things she did
>treated me like a stranger for a minute when i came back

I cry
>>
>>2056581
that's pretty unusual behavior after such a short absence. Maybe you smelled different
>>
>>2056581
>>2056670
That is pretty weird, actually. Is she generally well in herself? How old is she?

I once spent 9 months in hospital and my dog was utterly ecstatic when I finally came home.
>>
>>2056672
Really young, about two at the time, idk my mom was her new best friend when I came back
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.