[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/ I'm just crossing by asking a kind of important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: cutecat.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
cutecat.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
Hey /an/ I'm just crossing by asking a kind of important question to me.

Do you consider yourself and your animal companion as master and pet, or as friends?

I'm afraid people mock me for thinking of my pet as my friend, so I want to know the correct way of looking at this dilema.
>>
If someone seriously mocks you for that, fuck them.

Of course that doesn't mean you should treat your animal like a human. If you have a cat, consider what a cat needs to be happy. If you have dog, consider it's needs, and so on.

Also nothing wrong with being silly like talking gibberish to your pet. But you must accept that someone may call you silly for it. That may seem to contradict the first thing I said, but it doesn't. Life has the strange quality that it is both the most serious and most ridiculous thing at the same time.
>>
>>2045641
Thanks anon.

Can animals love back?
That's another thing that bugs to not know.
>>
>>2045641
This pretty much

>>2045650
>Can animals love back?
U Serious nig? Of course they can. I bet you arent even sure if they have feelings.
Emotions is important in survival, without it, animals can't do much
>>
I think of it mostly as a parent/child relationship. You are responsible for the animals wellbeing and mental health, and also for what type of relationship you have with said animal.
>>
>>2045650
If you are both mammals, why not just trust your instincts and what you see?

https://www.thedodo.com/dogs-release-same-love-chemica-526164234.html

>inb4 bugguy
I agree that a rock doesn't bond with you. Many animals clearly do, so why not just assume the obvious until we know more.
>>
>>2045662
>>2045655
Thanks guys, you really helped me understand.

I like how nice /an/ is in comparison to other boards.
>>
>>2045662
Not only do animals bond with humans, but some animals bond so strongly with the human they identify as their adoptive parent that they will forever recognize that individual.

This is especially true in rhinos. It's a shame that they are such slow breeders, because a human raised rhino will never associate with humans as a whole due to their bond with their adoptive human parent being strong enough that it knows the difference between any human, and it's human parent. So they avoid humans just as much as wild raised rhinos when released.
>>
>>2045668
To be honest, we have our fair share of shitheads, trolls, and tripfags.

But yes, in comparison with the rest of 4chan, /an/ is love.
>>
>>2045670
Well, without those, it wouldn't really be 4chan.
>>
I'm friend with all creatures. Pretty basic stuff. master slave relationships are retarded and a product of ego
>>
>>2045655
Nociception
>>
sounds stupid as fuck to say, but I view my dog more as a child than a friend.

it probably has to do with his age and the fact that he had so many health complications when he was a baby. come summer, I'm looking forward to having some good mountain adventures and hoping I'll see him less as a baby and more as a buddy.

pic is him 4 days after adoption. little did I know that he was filled to the brim with parasites and disease.
>>
>>2045622
>carrying what peope think

I mock you for this
>>
Half parent/child and half employer/employee
>>
Master and pet seems an unbalanced and weird way to descibe it. It's companionship, for both you and the animal but with different roles for the two of you. It's a friendship but also a parental caring relationship. He is your dog, you are his human.
>>
>>2046100
>Your performance this quarter has been rather disappointing, Mr. Snuggles. I'm afraid I'll have to dock your treats
>>
>>2046021
I knew someone would reply this
>>
>>2046103
I have a working dog, and she loves all the training and activities we do. I'm working on trainer her to do things around the house like opening and closing doors, picking things up, stuff like that just because she really enjoys going around with me and "helping".

Way more obedient than a child.
>>
>>2046132
do you pay her?
>>
File: received_674210362718721.jpg (38 KB, 540x372) Image search: [Google]
received_674210362718721.jpg
38 KB, 540x372
>>2046114
Had to honour our resident shitposter.
>>
>>2046100
>I've gotten reports from Chairman Meow that you've been chasing her when I'm not looking. I'll have you know that's work place harassment and you will stop this immediately. You'll also be attending a two week seminar on cat tolerance and appropriate behavior
>>
>>2046137
In yummy food and treats, cuddles, and fun training games.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.