[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright folks, I have a problem I'm not familiar with /an/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-01-21 21.15.47.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21 21.15.47.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Alright folks, I have a problem

I'm not familiar with /an/ so I'm sorry if I'm waltzing over board rules or something, but I need help

My 8 year old poodle, pic related, recently had to go through surgery to remove a fuckload of stones from his urethra and bladder. Baiscally he had to get his urethra turned around to make a bigger opening for his piss (and remaining stones + future stones) to come out

So now he's using that collar. Since his neck is pretty short he's having trouble drinking water, eating, etc. I need some tips both on how to regularly clear his "new hole" until it's properly healed and functional AND how to give him water with that bloody collar on. He can eat food just fine from shallow bowls, but drinking is a problem. What do?
>>
>>2043048
so... the vet put a cone on your dog and didnt go over this stuff with you?
>>
>>2043057
I wasn't present when they did explain how to take care of things since I was at work. I was told how I should clean him up, but I'd like to know stuff like "how to properly hold him while cleaning to ease the pain" and such

Also I know nothing about how to deal with the cone
>>
I'm no vet and I haven't had to deal with a dog martini in a long time, but couldn't you take the cone off for supervised feeding/drinking time?
>>
>>2043074
I was told so. but that still means I'd have to supervise his eating and drinking. Besides, that would bring up the issue of putting the cone back

He's pretty damn stubborn so I'm assuming as soon as I put the thing away he'd get agressive as all hell to put it back. I don't blame him, but that's even more troublesome than just giving him water by holding a cup myself ever so often
>>
>>2043088
You have a bad dog who is sick. Just get him put down.
>>
>>2043048
I've never dealt with a dog who had a cone but I'd use a tall cylindrical container for his water. its diameter should be small enough for your dog do get his nose in there without catching the cone on an edge. He'll only be able to drink from the top, so make sure you keep it filled to the brim. But taking off the cone for 5 minutes every few hours is the best way to do it, so don't get mad if he accidentally knocks the container over.

for healing wounds, put your mouth over the wound and suck out any nastiness like puss or bad blood, and then use your tongue to spread saliva around it. your saliva has limited antibiotic and healing capabilities (this is why dogs lick their wounds). make sure you brush your teeth and use mouthwash first to prevent infection (rinse with water afterwards so there's no leftover alcohol to sting the wound) .
>>
>>2043141
>put your mouth over the wound and suck out any nastiness

surely you jest. if the cone's there that means the dog should NOT lick it in the first place
>>
>>2043165
for the recovery of your dog I'll admit that second paragraph was trolling to try to get you to suck your dog's dick. don't put your mouth on the wound. But the water bowl part was sincere.
>>
File: frajola.gif (365 KB, 400x328) Image search: [Google]
frajola.gif
365 KB, 400x328
>>2043169
I can tell. Also...

>suck your dog's dick

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but he has no balls nor dick to speak of. He had his urethra repositioned to be where his balls once were. I essentially have a futa dog
>>
File: cloud_collar_on[1].jpg (26 KB, 582x582) Image search: [Google]
cloud_collar_on[1].jpg
26 KB, 582x582
OP, get him an inflatable collar like pic related.

the big issue is that he doesn't reach his dick. the inflatable collar will make it less easy for him to turn his head, but it will be much more comfortable, he'll have a better range of vision, and he can drink.

if you don't know that the vet said for aftercare, call them. they'll help you out just fine. it's likely that you shouldn't have to do anything to it, though. just keep an eye on it so it's not leaking pus/blood/etc, it's not turning bright angry red, not hot to the touch, and doesn't give off the smell of infection. if you haven't smelled the beginnings of a wound infection, it's sort of like hot blood and copper, if you can imagine it.
>>
>>2043338
That could work. I'll see about getting one of those. I've been washing the wound with lukewarm flowing water to help the healing proccess as recomended by the vet, and it only ever reeks of blood and piss when being washed because of the contact with water. I'll keep an eye out for infections
>>
Do you American folk use Potassium permanganate for desinfection purposes? Super cheap, super effective. Throw three-five tiny crystals in a cup of boiled water, and rinse your dog.
>>
>>2044216
It's not infected. I'm washing the wound daily to prevent infections

If something ever goes wrong I'll contact the vet about using that
>>
>>2044280
don't bother, he's one of the faggot high schoolers trapped inside by the snowstorm and he's shitposting. potassium permanganate is poison and will hurt your dog very badly.
>>
>>2044676
I should've known better than to trust everything posted here, but then again it's not like I'm gonna toss random chems at my pet because the internet told me so

It's been a few days now and he's getting all active again, but refuses to piss properly. He gets too scared of the after pain it brings and just holds it in as much as possible
>>
>>2044216
kill yourself
>>
>>2043338
I talked to the vet about it and he seens keen on getting those in stock. I live in a country (or at least in a part of it) where such collars are uncommon

So it'd be pretty nice if you could link me to a website to buy those that supports shipping. My dog'll be off his cone in a week, but I still wanna give the vet a link so he can stock up in the future
>>
>>2044676
What is it actually supposed to be used for?
>>
>>2044216
Don't forget the sugar
>>
>>2048982
probably he should contact a manufacturer directly. there are several different brands. the one pictured is Kong

I found a website that looks like it does wholesale shipping (search for the cloud inflatable pet collar on petedge), but a vet looking to distribute them should, like I said, probably contact the manufacturer directly because he could likely get a discount.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.