[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats it called when a dog has an underbite? When I search for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Female_English_Bulldog.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Female_English_Bulldog.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Whats it called when a dog has an underbite?
When I search for dog breeds with underbites, all it brings up are pictures of dogs that have sever underbites, even if its not what I mean.

By Underbites, I mean like Bulldogs, boxers and the like whose bottom jaw line have their bottom teeth in front of their top teeth.
>>
Animal abuse.
>>
>>2041671
Look up brachycephalic breeds
>>
malocclusion is the word you're looking for anon

they're common in dogs who have been bred to such extremes that their faces are pretty much deformed and the jaws/teeth are misaligned as a result. meaning brachycephalic dogs
>>
>>2041674
Thats what I thought too, but Pitbulls, mastiffs, and other molossers don't have under bites.

The real reason for all of this, is I'll be moving into an apartment soon, but a lot of apartments don't allow pitbulls.
All a pitbull is, is the extinct white terrier and bulldog mix.
So I'm looking for dogs that are about the size of a pitbull, but aren't a pitbull.
Molossers are close but a lot are too big like mastiffs, or too small like bulldogs, or have underbites like boxers.
So I'm trying to find a dog as big as a pitbull, with no underbite, but is probably part of the molosser group.

If I know the real name for underbite breeds, I can't know which ones not to get. And I can't maybe get a molosser mix.
>>
>>2041682
>but Pitbulls, mastiffs, and other molossers don't have under bites
it's actually very common for pitbulls and many varieties of mastiffs to have under bites, just not to the extent that the bottom teeth show out of the lip
>>
>>2041671
The under bite is so when they bite they don't and hold thier teeth don't tear up tier target>>2041682
A pit bull is a cross with the old English bulldog and various other terries not just one and was bread for the purpose of pit fighting the first pit bull was the bull an terrier mix the first with standards were the bull terriers which took the show path and the Staffordshire bull terrier the Staffordshire bull crap got exported to the United States and gave birth to many breeds but the most well known are the American Staffordshire terrier the American pit bull terrier and the American bulldog. If you want a pit bull you might want to look into the pocket pit bull a patterdale apbt higbreed
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.