[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody really have this? It seems like they were in every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: doggy-door.jpg (34 KB, 450x442) Image search: [Google]
doggy-door.jpg
34 KB, 450x442
Does anybody really have this? It seems like they were in every older cartoon, even through the 90s but I've never seen one in my life. Were they really popular at some point in time?
>>
I feel like it's too easy for someone nefarious to come through them.
>>
They were popular when everyone didn't have to worry about their friendly neighborhood person of color using them to gain access to the house.
>>
>>2040336
I have one. I don't worry about anyone coming in through it, I never lock my doors. Nobody's dumb enough to break into my house though.
>>
>>2040341
>their friendly neighborhood person of color
kek
>>
We had one for our cat a long time ago... Most of them aren't very well sealed so they let a draught in. And it's not always good for your animal to be able to go outside when it wants, e.g. at Halloween when fireworks might scare it.
>>
My friend had catflaps, but she lived on a farm and her cats were in and out all the time. Never seen an actual doggy door.
>>
File: PPA00-10859_ppa00-10861_a[1].jpg (85 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
PPA00-10859_ppa00-10861_a[1].jpg
85 KB, 650x650
My cousins have one. It doesn't let in a draft because it's got double doors.

Whenever I get a house with a fenced yard, I'll probably want one too. It's nice if you have a chill dog, because then you can leave him at the house for slightly longer periods of time as you don't have to worry about him having to pee.
>>
>>2040386
>fireworks on Halloween
What shit hole city do you live in?
>>
Have one with a double flap mounted in my wall. It also has a lockable slide in door that I use when I leave. I'm sure if somebody was really determined they could kick it in but it would be a hell of a lot easier to just break the window in my back door. Anyway one of the better things I've done. No more getting up constantly to let the dogs in and out because they can never make up their damn minds.
>>
>>2040436
reply to myself here. My dog has already been in and out about 10 times since I woke up 2 hours ago. He is out right now.
>>
>muh robbers
if someone wants in your house, they'll get in your house. you probably left a window unlocked somewhere anyway.
>>
>>2040440
What would be more suspicious?
> robber wandering around the entire house checking every window
> robber easily slips in through the doggy door.

The doggy door would be the easiest and attract the least amount of attention. In my neighborhood we had a poc sending his kid in through the milk chute and unlocking the door so they could rob houses.
>>
>>2040448
milk chute?
>>
My parents usually set something like this up. When I lived with them they had a basement window under the porch open for the cat to come and go. It wasn't always open but sometimes it would be.

At their current place they made a flap with their screen door. They can't leave it open at night since other animals will come in.
>>
>>2040448
>The doggy door would be the easiest and attract the least amount of attention.

except like I said they have a slide in lockable panel to keep that from happening. And also like I said sure if you were determined you could kick it in but it would still be faster and easier to break a window.
>>
guess I should add mine is a fairly high end dog door. The frame is all steel and the panel that slides into the steel frame to lock the door is plywood wrapped in steel. It isn't just a piece of plastic like the cheaper ones but even the cheap plastic ones would take more effort to break than a back door window.
>>
>26 years after 1990
>not having your dog door lead to your fenced backyard

If a burglar is in your backyard, he's already made the choice to burgle you and he's getting in whether you have a dog door or not.

Besides, unless you have a giant breed, most humans will not fit through a dog door without getting stuck.
>>
>>2040468
Not to mention you can get doors that unlock only when a tag on your pet's collar is in range
>>
>>2040338
Can confirm. The house i was renting a suite in a few years ago had one on my neighbor's entrance. Somebody reached through doggie door, unlocked deadbolt, cleaned the place out.
>>
God damn't. How many times do I have to say they have a panel you can slide in to lock the fucking dog door? If you leave and leave the dog door open then it is your own God damn fault for being a fucktard if you get robbed because of it.
>>
>>2040477
That's victim blaming

Don't teach people to lock their doors, teach people to stop stealing
>>
>>2040473
There's a simple solution to this, don't have a dead lock reachable from the dog flap. It's like not keeping your house and car keys by the front door where someone can get them through the letterbox. It's just common sense.
>>
>>2040483
That's incredibly naive to think that people will never, ever steal.
>>
>>2040507
He is making fun of the feminists that say we shouldnt have to teach women to avoid rape, we should teach men to not rape.

And yes, people really believe this crap.
>>
>>2040521
The problem is that dressing in a cvertain way has nothing to do with the chance of being raped.
Looking vulnarebla do, so spreading that women should dress in a certian way to avoid rape is cancerous. To avoid rape, carry a gun and shoot rapists in the dick.
>>
File: 1380074008991.jpg (160 KB, 490x547) Image search: [Google]
1380074008991.jpg
160 KB, 490x547
>>2040531
1. it isnt just about how they dress. The women that are slutshamed for their dress also tend to get sloppy ass drunk at parties surrounded by men they dont know.

Also the way you dress can affect how others see you and act towards you
>>
>>2040450
>>
>>2040555
>The women that are slutshamed for their dress also tend to get sloppy ass drunk at parties surrounded by men they dont know.
[citation needed]
>>
>>2040654
> any college party ever
>>
>>2040521
>>2040555

People should be taught not to steal, it's not someone's fault if their shit is stolen, and the person who's caught with their shit is always prosecuted and there isn't any discussion about wether the homeowner deserved to have their shit stolen.

I swear MRAs are so fucking retarded. Fuck off back to r9k
>>
>>2040657
>implying you've been to one
>>
>>2040672
There is something to be said about people openly flaunting their money and then crying about getting mugged.
>>
>>2040678

No their isn't, and you're either an edgy teen, a minority looking for an Obama handout, or just a piece of shit of you think otherwise.
>>
>>2040521
>>2040531
>>2040555

http://youtu.be/fL-1kHxsavI
>>
>>2040679
>Endorses openly flaunting money and riches
> calls someone else a minority
>>
>>2040681

>literally linking David Chappell
>Not being able to understand simple human social norms

What's it like being autistic?

If men are to fucking stupid to understand simple logic that's THEIR fault. Quit whining because your genders a piece of shit and people aren't putting up with your stupidity anymore
>>
>>2040682

>Telling people what they can and can't do with their hard earned cash

If someone has money to flaunt they earned it and some little punk doesn't have a right to it.
>>
>>2040341
Crime rates have steadily dropped for decades. If anything you were more likely to get robbed when they were still used, people just got more paranoid. Same reason people no longer let children play outside.
>>
>>2040689
Except for most of actual rich people who just inherit it, of course. Of course, old money doesn't flaunt wealth.
>>
>>2040689
Didn't say you couldn't flaunt it. Just be prepared for the negative attention it attracts.
>>
>>2040697
>1950's Detroit was more dangerous than 2016 Detroit
>>
>>2040705
>Detroit is the whole of the USA
>>
>>2040707
> USA is the whole world
>>
>>2040709
I've been talking about the USA but the same rings true for most first-world countries. I figure people in third world shitholes never had these in the first place due to the reasons posted earlier in the thread.
>>
>>2040709
>World is the whole solar system
>>
>tfw ur thread about doggy doors devolves into racism and a political argument
>>
>>2040336
I had one for my dog as a kid, a lot of people do in Australia.

>>2040338
We looked ourselves out once or twice and we had to send my little sister through it to unlock the door. We didn't even lock the door at night though and we never got robbed
>>
>>2040531
>He doesn't know about New years eve in Germany
>>
>>2040803
>devolves into racism and political
>racism
>only one post with actuall racism
>on 4chan
>still complaining about racism on 4chan

>basically asking why social norms have changed over time
>still wondering why we are talking polotics

All of my wew lads
>>
They make them now with a blocker. To keep your pets in and anything else out. I never worried about people coming through a dog door more of nefarious animals coming in.
>>
I'm house/dog sitting and they have one. Its electronic so it slides open when his electric collar is in range.

It's extremely annoying because it'll open any time he walks past and its loud. However this is a nice neighborhood and no one gets robbed here. Animals would probably be turned off by the noise if one was at the back door and the dog walked by for it to open.
>>
>>2040336
my cat used to have one to get from the garage to the outside
raccoons starting coming in though, and eating all the cat food
>>
had one long ago, it was removed when fucking roe deer kept getting into the house.
>>
>>2040714
>solar system is the whole Orion arm
>>
File: 711[1].png (32 KB, 172x211) Image search: [Google]
711[1].png
32 KB, 172x211
>My parent's house has a doggy door
>House also has an electronic alarm system so not worried about burglaries
>Fucking Romanians break the kitchen window to steal both my parents' car keys
>Loud as shit siren goes off
>They still climb in through the windows to get the keys
>They can't even make it out of the street before they're arrested by the cops
>My parents have been receiving death threats in broken English for the past month because we 'snitched' them to the police.
>mfw

This has nothing to do with doggy doors, I just wanted to tell a story about dumb as shit Romanians.
>>
>>2040336
I've got one on my bedroom door so my cats don't have to wake me up to get out/back in a billion times a night.
>>
>>2041306
Maybe they were deaf.
>>
>>2042805
Burglary while deaf is pretty hard mode.
>>
>>2040336
I'd love to have one and let my dog come and go as she please. I love in the sticks so I can let her run, it's no big deal. Unfortunately dog doors won't work because I am in the country, don't want to get up in the middle of the night and find a raccoon chilling in the kitchen.
>>
>>2041267
should've just gotten some wade deer to scare them off.
>>
>>2040845
Silvester
>>
>>2042837
So get one that only unlocks if your dog's microchip is near it. Or if you don't wanna microchip your dog then one with a tag you put on the collar. I swear people don't even try to look for solutions to the simplest things.
>>
>>2041267
That's hilarious
>>
It would be convenient but I own a bigger dog so it would have to be the size of the bottom half of the door.
>>
>>2045001
Making it very easy for someone to break in.
>>
>>2044675
I laughed
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.