[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diseases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 2993228422_6b6c00f77f_b.jpg (400 KB, 1024x928) Image search: [Google]
2993228422_6b6c00f77f_b.jpg
400 KB, 1024x928
Hello /an/ I have questions

today my dog passed away but it seemed so sudden that she passed out of nowhere.

last thurday she wasn't herself lethargic (she usually is playful) then it got worse

>symptoms
early lethargic then eventually bloody diarrhea, loss apetite, depression and she would vomit as well. temperature went down 2-3 degrees and eventually was dehydrated and would not walk later stages.

eventually she went full lethargic and would hide herself and today she had heavy breathing then passed out and was unresponsive and eventually discharge came out mouth and ER confirmed she died.

went to ER yesterday and said today was blood work to see what is wrong.

anyone ever seen this before? took a week and just died.
>>
>>2040086
last thing to add

she also was a german shepard/labrador mix
>>
>>2040086
Parvo?
>>
>>2040105
sounds like parvo to me desu senpai
>>
>>2040086
third vote for parvo.
that's why you get your dog her shots.
>>
>>2040109
>>2040105
she was vaccinated

thats what I thought was at well.
>>
>>2040086
Sounds like a case of BYB mutt to me

Buy a proper purebred, although you probably can't afford that since a normal, responsible pet owner would have taken their dog to the vet the day she started having issues. Next time remember the most important rule of dog ownership: if you can't afford to go to the vet at any given time you can't afford a dog.
>>
>>2040111
Depending on how old she was, what shots she got, and how long after the shots she became sick.
>>
>>2040111
>she was vaccinated
booster shots each year?
>>
>>2040117
>>2040115
yes she got her shots 3 months ago.

>>2040112
I took her in the next day they said just diahrrea and some side effects would happen then went back again to another spot and got meds to treat diahrrea and gave the dog fluids. then eventually said bloodwork.

shitty practies where I live
>>
>>2040118
Campylobactor maybe.
>>
well thanks for the info guys
>>
>>2040086
Sounds like parvo, but maybe leptospirosis?
>>
>>2040391
Everyone says parvo

Maybe it was that
>>
Friendly reminder that even if you vaccinate your dog, there are different strains of parvo so yes, it is possible that a vaccinated dog can still get parvo. It's unlikely, but it happens.
Sorry about your puppers, OP. Ignore the assholes. Your vet sounds like an idiot too. All doctors make mistakes but two visits and they just focused on diarrhea? With blood in it and her not eating, they should have looked more into it.
>>
My condolences OP.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.