[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long do cats generally live? I have a really old cat and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 358205083924.jpg (71 KB, 632x475) Image search: [Google]
358205083924.jpg
71 KB, 632x475
How long do cats generally live? I have a really old cat and I'm afraid of her dying any day now..
>>
They live for a good while,maybe 16 years
>>
isn't this a question you could literally just google?
>>
Ralph the Cat lived to be 19 years, 11 months, despite having been shot through the brain with a pellet and having his eye put out with it.

He was always crazy, but a cuddle bug at times
>>
For indoor-only? 15-16 is about average. It's not rare to see them live to be 20+ though.
>>
My 15 year old cat sadly passed away this morning. She wanted to get to her foodbowl but when she jumped off the bed she collapsed.
>>
>>2038565
OH MY GOD IM SORRY
>>
>>2038565

RIP
>>
>>2038565
sorry man, post a pic of her so we can give us her regards.
>>
>>2038565
wasted
>>
about 13-17 indoors only.

1-5 outdoors.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-19-06-33-07.jpg (301 KB, 691x797) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-19-06-33-07.jpg
301 KB, 691x797
>>2040402
Thanks, we burried her in our garden, still miss her alot.
>>
>>2040431
That seems a bit exaggerated.
>>
>>2041140
It's really not. Not that indoor cats can't have short lifespans, and outdoor cats have long life spans, but if you are looking at straight -average- of MOST cats, that's the average.

If you live in a very peaceful area with little to no car traffic or loose dogs, and you take your cat to the vet often, an outdoor cat will probably make it into his teens, but that isn't the average.
>>
>>2041144
inb4 scads of MY FAMILY HAS OWNED 10 OUTDOOR CATS AND THEY ALL LIVED TO BE 22 AND ONLY DIED B/C THEY DEVELOPED CANCER outdoorfags flock to defend irresponsible pet ownership.
>>
>>2038565
Damn.

Seeing my cat suddenly collapse would be traumatizing. The only cat I've had die stopped eating/pooping, then eventually lay down of its own volition (or exhaustion) and I guess waited for her body to shut down.
>>
File: powlpr1.jpg (151 KB, 620x800) Image search: [Google]
powlpr1.jpg
151 KB, 620x800
>>2041144
>If you live in a very peaceful area with little to no car traffic or loose dogs
then your cat will be owl food within a month.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.