[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turtle advice!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 20160115_012109.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160115_012109.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
I got a turtle yesterday as a gift, and I love him. I had a turtle for several years when I was younger, but that was so long ago, I'm a little rusty on knowing how to help him adjust to the move. I got him last night, he came with his tabk, but it was rearranged. He had a rock to climb onto, so I added another just so he'd have plenty of space out of the water. He also has a heat lamp, turtle pellets and small dried shrimp. But since we've gotten him, he hasn't eaten and won't come out of the water. Should I be worried? Me last turtle would climb onto his rocks or driftwood very often, so just wondering if this new turtle is just stressed from the move. Help! Any advice?
>>
>>2036164
>>
they often don't eat for 1-2 weeks when they've been rehoused.

you'll need a UVB/UVA light.

that aquarium is WAY too small.

it doesn't look like it's able to get completely dry.

it'll need a deeper layer of water.

you'll need a filter that can handle 2x the amount of water that's actually in the tub.

and I don't know what species that is, but you'll probably need to supplement it with vegetables and leafy greens, and sprinkle it's food with calcium (without D3)
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.