[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys how do you cope with losing a pet ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 917x1186) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 917x1186
Hey guys how do you cope with losing a pet ?
>>
I don't, I suffer until it passes.
>>
File: 1423651385582.jpg (442 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1423651385582.jpg
442 KB, 1280x720
Just think about all the good stuff you did with them, instead of just the fact they are gone
>>
>>2037406
Bury it and get a new one.
>>
>>2037445

Sadly, this is the correct answer.
>>
we're talking about a dog, right?

go to the pound and get another one

cheers ya right up
>>
WhatEVER you do. Do NOT get a replacement right away. Other than that, I got no advice. If you DID lose a pet, I'm really sorry. My cat got ran over once.
>>
>>2037762
Why not? Nothings wrong with that, and it does help a shitload to make most people feel better.
>>
>>2037765
>Nothings wrong with a crutch
ok
>>
>>2039001
Some people get over dead pets/friends quicker than others.

What may be a crutch for you may be a way to move on for another.

Now please excuse me while I try to find an appropriate bin for your opinion.
>>
File: 1401489858911.png (161 KB, 350x227) Image search: [Google]
1401489858911.png
161 KB, 350x227
>>2039010
>>
>>2037406
Let it all out initially. Watch a movie like Marley and Me or anything else that would evoke sad emotions relating to pets, and then cry it all out.

Once you got that out of the way, reason away your remaining sadness.
Your pet had a great life, better than it could have possibly if it was out in the wild or born to some ungrateful owner who abused it. You gave it a great life and it was thankful for it. Your pet would probably want you to live the remainder of your life being happy as well and not crying or thinking about it 24/7.
>>
>>2037406
I'm still getting over pets I've lost as far back as ten years ago. I mean, I'm not a constant wreck, but I still think about them. And that's kind of the point, it's part of remembering them.
>>
>>2037406
I committed suicide.
>>
>>2037411
This, unfortunately. Especially if you're getting your pet euthanised, you stay in the damn room with them to the end, you owe your pet that much.
>>
File: Dog_all.png (801 KB, 588x8640) Image search: [Google]
Dog_all.png
801 KB, 588x8640
>>
>>2039321
I still occasionally cry over the dog I lost 13 years ago. She was my first dog, and my best friend.
>>
It had been snowing and freezing for the past 3 days and my stepdad found my cat's frozen body in the pond behind our house an hour ago. I always thought it wouldn't affect me much once the day would come since I've lost 3 cats before, it's just so much different when you can actually see her lifeless body.

I can't believe how much I'm crying right now, we had her for 8 fucking years and now she's gone forever.
I was still in high school when we got her.

Goddammit, god fucking dammit.
>>
>>2039680
God, I'm so sorry anon.

I posted this in another thread, but my dog died last night. She got hit by a car on the freeway.

I feel for you so much right now. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>2039693
Fuck...I'm sorry bro.

We just buried our cat in our backyard, I tried to pick her up but she felt so much heavier than normal because of the water and ice, and I just couldn't...

And I can only imagine what it's like to lose a dog.
Cats usually aren't best friend material, but I still bawled my eyes out in front of my entire family.

I hope none of our pets had to suffer during their final moments, and I hope you'll be okay soon as well.
>>
>>2039703
Yeah, I hope so too.

The state trooper who gave us the news told us not to go look for her body, since she was pretty mangled up. He cut off her collar and gave it to us, though.

But we just have to remember how much they gave us. I'm so happy to have been her owner for the 2 years I've had her. She brought so much happiness to me, you know?

We'll be okay, anon. We'll be okay.
>>
>>2037765
If the person did not move on properly it will be unfair to the new pet. And it also distrupts the mourning process.
>>
>put pet in heart
>put pet in the ground
>say little prayer
>have the sun rise and set above me untill I depart too
>>
>>2037406
Suicide
>>
>>2039713
Damn, that sounds awful.
I went downstairs for dinner and my mother asked me if she was sleeping in my room and she wasn't. Then I thought it was nothing like usual so I started to eat, and I heard my stepdad saying something when he went outside to look and I could hear from my mother's reaction that there was something wrong. Then I went to the garage and my crying mother walked passed me, so I prepared for the worst.

She was completely frozen on the ground, but I still didn't feel sadness because I didn't really fully comprehend the situation, that all came a couple of minutes later when reality kicked in.

It's the first time someone close to me has died as well, but I guess death of a loved one is always painful no matter how often you experience it.

I know we'll be okay, the crying has already stopped...for now lol
>>
>>2037406
when i lost my pet rats i plunged into alcoholism for 2-3 years ish
i dont remember
but it was long
recently got clean
>>
>>2039665
;-;
>>
Suck it up because its part of life.
>>
You use rubbing alcohol to treat an outside wound.

You use drinking alcohol to treat an inside wound.

It's science.
>>
>I mourn over pets that I didn't even know than I do people
There are a bunch of slabs in the yard where I voulenteer where we walk dogs, I haven't cried yet but I have a feeling I will.
>>
>>2039665
>>2041723
Nope. Nevermind.
I cried now.
<3
>>
File: Pharoah 1.png (179 KB, 2316x1068) Image search: [Google]
Pharoah 1.png
179 KB, 2316x1068
I dont know if this belongs here. But i need to tell people this story..
>>
>>2041836
should've told the kid's dad what happened and asked him to have his son put down.
>>
>>2041836
That's your fault. You dont execute an animal on a whim like that, especially if nobody got hurt. How could you even know the dog was going to bite the kid? I see dogs snap like that all the time(usually at other dogs though), it's just intimidation. Don't make this mistake again.
>>
>>2039665
Damn fampai

I miss Chewie
>>
>>2039665
got me
>>
>my dog is already 7 years old
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.