[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found this guy today, was either having heat stroke or hit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: bird.jpg (570 KB, 1797x2348) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
570 KB, 1797x2348
I found this guy today, was either having heat stroke or hit a window and was about to get eaten. Seems to be a kingfisher. He's getting better now but he seems really young? He sits on my shoulder and hand without much hesitation, will he be ok to release or do I need to keep him until hes older?

There's no other ones around here either, only ravens and doves. I have no idea how he ended up near the city.
>>
Take the poor thing to a wide if rehabber. Don't keep it with you, you don't have the knowledge or means to take care of it.
>>
>>2036700
>you don't have the knowledge or means to take care of it.
Says who, your stupid ass? I'll do what I want with it.
>>
>>2036701
I'm not trying to be malicious op. It's a wild animal and requires different care than a domestic bird. If you are really that adamant about not giving it to a place that has the means to care for it then at least let it go where you found it. Provided it's no longer stunned and doing alright. I know you want to help it but you may end up doing more harm than good.
>>
>>2036701
feed it some fishies lol
>>
Actually, I keep small monitors, so I have supplies to suit a softbill. Does he look too young to fend for himself? He seems healthy now after 12 hours but it's hard to imagine him looking after himself outside.
>>
File: bird2.jpg (93 KB, 1096x792) Image search: [Google]
bird2.jpg
93 KB, 1096x792
>>2036705
That's not me kek.
>>
>>2036701
Oh yeah? You have hundreds of live fish and an enclosed pond or lake? Super
>>
first of all, this thread is obviously bait

but second of all, kingfishers are my favorite north american bird. boast moar bics!
>>
Really cool experience but the faster you get him to a wildlife rehabber the better. Enjoy the experience most things from the wild will die without proper care that you most likely cant give and its a huge commitment
>>
He was much better today and alert as you would expect a wild bird to be. I took him outside and he flew away without any issues.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.