[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The greatest battle of our time. Who wins?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10
File: Decision.png (1 MB, 1310x1316) Image search: [Google]
Decision.png
1 MB, 1310x1316
The greatest battle of our time. Who wins?
>>
>>2036621
Hippos fuck up everything. Why would you give them 3?
>>
>>2036623
I'd say it balances out. 2 isn't enough and 4 is absolutely too many.
>>
I mean, a warmed up triceratops is just on a whole different level from all of this.
>>
I'm gonna go with triceratops. I'm banking on the hippos losing at least one to everything else.
>>
I would think a triceratops is insanely powerful. Look at those horns. Those are not just for gazelle style jousting, that thing faces forward ready to pierce your river.
>>
I think the 4 raptors would tear the shit out of everything including the trike.
>>
Hippos, Dinosaurs would not move as well as modern mammals and if it was in modern times the atmosphere would fuck them over.
>>
Team grey wolf is easily the first to fall.

>muh I have a shirt of a wolf under the moon and they're the best
>>
>>2036621
The triceratops beats them all,even if it was a fight all vs triceratops. If we make it more fair and take him out,probably hippos. They cuck crocodiles on a daily basis and are more or less on par with Rhinos,but they have the numeric advantage.
>>
>>2036753

Ignoring the atmosphere issue, why do you say they would not move as well?
>>
>>2036621
We know from roman times that rhinoceros wrecks auroch every time by stabbing it's belly from underneath, gaur and aurochs are equivalent.
I'm sure romans had some of the other animals fight each other but i can't remember anything.

We know from medieval times that bears had to have their teeth and claws torn out before fighting a pack of hunting dogs, which were probably sturdier than wolves, if smaller, and actually want to fight the bear with no preservation instinct. This was done because otherwise the dogs would be torn to shreds instantly, and we're talking european bears, a single grizzly would absolutely rape a wolf pack, this is the least balanced team of the bunch.

Jaguars routinely hunt caimans, so maybe lions have the edge on the crocs, but saltwater crocs might be too large.

Hippos routinely snap crocs in half and shrug off lions.

I'm not sure if wolves can take down the gaur. Lions probably can, but only one at a time.

Triceratops vs utahraptor would be like an upscaled protoceratops vs velociraptor in that they would be instantly fossilized.
>>
>>2036621
>any group ever beating a triceratop
Good luck with that
>>
>>2036769
he must think theyre the gray plodding cold blooded creatures everyone in the 50s thought they were
>>
>>2036753
>the atmosphere would fuck them over.
they wouldn't have any problem with our atmosphere, it has quite a bit more oxygen than they're used to.

It would add bonus points to strength and endurance.
>>
crocs could kill everything but the top row
Id also assume utahraptors could kill lone triceratops and the rhinos

3hippos come out ontop imo
>>
>>2037839
>>2036753
This idea that exothermic animals are slow and lumbering is so stupid I have no idea where it came from because anyone who has seen a reptile warmed up in the wild or from keeping them knows full well how fast they move. Reptiles are anything but slow, hell even tortoises can move when they want to.
>>
>>2036753
The atmosphere is more than fine for them, and they weren't slow whatsoever.
Triceratops fucks everything on this list with very little effort, the only things that would even have a slight possibility of hurting it would be the raptors.
It was also fucking huge.

I can't even believe anyone could think a few hippos would beat a triceratops, it would just plow through them like they weren't even there
>>
>>2036621
1 human with a big enough rifle
>>
>>2037924
>implying someone with a rifle could kill large groups of animals rushing them, or a fucking triceratops

Rifle or not, you're fucked if 16 wolves are running at you.
>>
File: uwotm8.jpg (21 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
uwotm8.jpg
21 KB, 400x225
Utah Raptors all the fucking way. 4 of those fuckers is easily enough to take out a triceratops. but i bet the 3 hippos and 5 bears would be the best to watch
>>
>>2037928
There is this recent invention called semi automatic fire.
Also animals being scared by loud noises or by seeing their buddies suddenly being blown to bits.
Also buckshot, explosive incendiary shells and so on.
In addition humans are good climbers unlike all animals on the list except possibly the raptors, and can pick them off in safety from a tree or something.
For crying out loud pepper spray is an adequate defence against wolves and bears, and people have survived with a big stick or a knife, it's not an hypothetical situation it happens all the time, fucking wolfaboos.
>>
>>2036621
the bears would wreck everything
>>
>>2038086
I don't even like wolves. Of course a human would win if they had a gun and were unreachable or some shit. Are you autistic?
>>
>>2038716
>Of course a human would win if they had a gun and were unreachable or some shit. Are you autistic?
>>2037928
>Rifle or not, you're fucked if 16 wolves are running at you.
>>
>>2037924
Good luck killing a fucking triceratop charging at you with that.
>>
>>2038803
>>2038086
you are autistic.
anyway you have to keep in mind that humans are pretty reckless given that injuries, even serious ones, are rarely deadly and do not hinder us that much from pursuing our daily life. animals do not have hospitals so predators are in general very careful around their prey and do not engage in an all out deathmatch as minor injuries can be deadly.
>>
Hippos will win unless they go berserk on each other.
>>
>>2038851
That point was made in the first post that you called autistic.
>>
>>2036621
this thread has me thinkin..
who checks who?
>>
>>2039130
You check this dubs
>>
File: 1398025094972.gif (799 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1398025094972.gif
799 KB, 200x189
>>2039133
>>2039130
>>
>>2038880
>>2038703
implying they could beat a fucking triceratops ever
>>
>>2037920
>what is inertia
>>
>>2039146
You do know what an expression is, right?
I obviously didn't mean that literally.

Holy shit /an/ is getting more and more autistic. Maybe it's just one or two people who post a lot.
>>
>>2036762
The wolves could take the Guar no problem potentially without a loss. Then 16 wolves vs 5 bears also favors them, wolves know how to work together, bears don't
>>
File: Dubs.png (766 KB, 350x1096) Image search: [Google]
Dubs.png
766 KB, 350x1096
>>2039133
nice
>>
>>2036621
I took it as 3 way deathmatches.

Hypo wins, because they're made of rape.
Bear wins, because fucking BEAR.
Wolves win, because you gave them too many numbers. A pack that size is hard to stop.
>>
>>2039183
You're completely retarded if you think some hippos could kill a triceratops.
Bears would also probably get fucked by the utahraptors.
16 wolves are not beating 8 saltwater crocodiles. 16 wolves would have a hell of a time even trying to seriously injure ONE crocodile. They aren't exactly built for killing gigantic armored animals.
>>
>>2039063
yeah, but he said it as if it made a difference for a deathmatch. it doesn't.
>>
>>2039166
>The wolves could take the Guar
If it was a lone one, bovids also work together.
>without a loss
hahah no

>Then 16 wolves vs 5 bears also favors them, wolves know how to work together, bears don't
Irrelevant, a single grizzly can easily dispatch a dozen wolves, while i'm not even sure a wolf could do any lethal injury to a grizzly.
>>
>>2036621
Power rankings.

Triceratops>>>Hippo=Rhino>Bear=Utahraptor>Crocodile>Lion>Gaur=Wolf
>>
>>2039694
I'm surprisingly ok with that
>>
Utahraptor no contest
>>
>>2036621
Needs an elephant team
>>
>>2036621
>4 utahrapstors
Thats unfair
>>
>>2041028
Would an African bull elephant be able to flip a triceratops with it's tusks? What about hippos and rhinoceros? I've heard of rhinos stabbing elephants from beneath, but it might be a myth.

>>2041342
>weak bones, dumb as a rock, prolly only hunted smaller prey
I'd say the first row is safe
>>
I think people underestimate the saltwater crocodiles, sure they'd get wrecked by the trike, hippo and rhino, but the rest would be wasted the second they put their nose close to the water. considering it takes 3 bears to match an adult saltie in weight there is no chance for the bear once it gets pulled into the water. infact gaurs are part of their natural diet.
>>
>>2041357
>Would an African bull elephant be able to flip a triceratops with it's tusks?
No, it would have been too big.

Also the triceratops was larger, had much more effective weapons, and was actually used to fighting other giant animals.
>>
>>2041357
>Raptor
>Bird of Prey
>Dumb as a rock
Yeah fucking right man. No pack hunting vertebrates are anything close to dumb.
>>
>>2041497
Comparing dromeosauridae to modern birds is like comparing proto-lemurs to great apes, and neither is pack hunting.
>>
File: triceratops-scales.jpg (68 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
triceratops-scales.jpg
68 KB, 620x413
>>2036621
Triceratops is just massive and has thick as fuck scales.

The mammalian carnivores and utahraptors might be able to surround it, but i doubt they can beat it, seeing how many lions it takes to bring down a elephant.

Im also seein triceratops doying less stabbing and more biting, most of the other animals are much lower than it and some herbivores have no problem with biting the shit out of other animals(see boars and tapirs).

>>2036753
no
>>
>>2036621
Hippos dude
>>
>>2041540
Harris hawks are a modern bird that pack hunts. I see your point though
>>
File: utahraptor.png (8 KB, 512x161) Image search: [Google]
utahraptor.png
8 KB, 512x161
>>2041357
Their bones werent weak, pneumatized bones might weight less, but they arent fragile at all and thats assuming utahraptor's bones were heavily pneumatized. Not being smart doesnt make an animal retarded, crocodiles and komodo dragons are not geniuses but can still shown remarkable intelligence. There is evidence for velociraptor tackling prey larger than itself and thats a medium sized dromaeosaurid, not the huge heavily built animal that was utahraptor.
>>
>>2041357
>Would an African bull elephant be able to flip a triceratops with it's tusks?
Nigga the triceratops is twice the size of a bull elephant
>>
>>2041637
Bull elephants wreck everything, hippos, rhinos. The Trike is going to own this match.
>>
>>2041637
>twice the size of a bull elephant
Estimated to be two tons heavier but much shorter, where did you get twice the size from?
>>
>>2039166
>>2036762
Wolves wouldn't even beat the gaurs
>>
>>2041966
>much shorter
a foot or two at best.
and that's only because their legs splayed some. Standing straight it's taller than an African elephant by a foot or two.
>>
>>2042170
FUCK OFF NERD
>>
>>2042170
Even according to the highest estimates and standing on the tippy toes the triceratops is 3 feet (about a meter) shorter than a bush elephant.
Still where did you come from with twice the size?
>>
>>2042208
>Even according to the highest estimates and standing on the tippy toes the triceratops is 3 feet (about a meter) shorter than a bush elephant
no
>Still where did you come from with twice the size?
that wasn't me.
>>
>>2042217
You can't really argue data, and it's based on the hips, so splaying, even if it was present, wouldn't be relevant.
>>
>>2042266
>You can't really argue data
I agree, that's why I said no.
the tallest triceratops are less than a meter shorter than the tallest African elephants.
>it's based on the hips, so splaying, even if it was present, wouldn't be relevant
so you think the hips magically hover at a certain height and the legs dangle down from there?

because the height of the hips is absolutely related to the bend and angle of the legs. You can check this yourself. Stand up and have your boyfriend measure how high your dick is off the floor. Now crouch down and have him measure again. See, your hip height changes as your legs bend....
>>
>>2042355
>(about a meter)
>no
>less than a meter
>yes
You are in fact a complete idiot, but at least you came around and agreed with me.
>>
>>2042716
>You are in fact a complete idiot, but at least you came around and agreed with me.
so to you any measurement less than a meter is now a meter?

I didn't say how much less. I do enjoy being insulted by people that can't use a search engine though. Good times.
>>
>>2042718
>any measurement less than a meter

>>2042208
>3 feet (about a meter)

Why do you humiliate yourself so?
>>
>>2042722
I don't feel all that humiliated, anon.
there are plenty of measurements that are less than a meter and still not "about a meter,"
or even 3 feet.

2 feet for instance. That's less than a meter and not 3 feet.

or 1 foot.

or really any fraction between 0 and 3 feet.
>>
>>2042727
You really should feel ashamed, this is pathetic, reread the conversation.
>>
>>2042730
you said it was 3 feet taller, I said it was less.

then you went on for 5 posts about how you less than 3 feet equals 3 feet, all while attempting to insult me.

I assume you're bugguy without the trip so I humor you and play along. I think he's got a tough life, and I enjoy watching him argue useless points. So if it brightens your day to insult me and argue pedantic semantics, so be it.
>>
>>2042732
3 feet equals 0.9 meters (which is "about a meter" or "less than a meter" for your straw grasping self), that's all that i said, and is what you disagreed with, then agreed with like a mad person.
Now you blame bugguy, and you accuse me of arguing semantics after posting something as ridiculous as >>2042718 and >>2042727 you must be joking or mentally impaired.
>>
Can anyone in your pic even bite/claw through triceratops skin? I know a lion would have a hard time biting through a hippo or a rhino.

That said, hippos have a decent chance of winning since they can go into water and crocks are too retarded and will instead eat each other.
>>
>>2043404
Utahraptor was built to chew and claw through stuff like that.

other than that the rhino or croc might have a shot at getting through. They'd have to get past the horns though.
>>
>>2043404
A rhino or guar could, but they're still horrendously outmatched by it. Utahraptor could too, but an animal like that has no business attacking something like triceratops.

The only thing that could arguably handle it is if the 4 utahraptors went for it all at once
>>
>>2038837
20mm high explosive rifle round. Should bury about a foot into the front of the triceratops and explode
>>
>>2038837
We've had antitank rifles for a century now, the idea that dinosaurs were some godzillaesque living fortress impervious to man made weapons needs to die.
>>
>>2036638
liver?
>>
From everything movies have taught me, Raptors. They can open doors.
>>
File: 0f8BAr1.png (443 KB, 400x537) Image search: [Google]
0f8BAr1.png
443 KB, 400x537
>>2036621
>grey wolves
>3.5-5 ft long
>2.6-2.8 ft tall

those are some fucking tiny-ass wolves
>>
>>2036621
>saltwater crocodiles

fucking useless out of the water
>>
>>2044945
Fake.
>>
Replace rhinos with Sarkastodons
Replace Grizzly with Polar Bears and Gaur with Smilodons
Replace wolves with Hyenas
>>
this isn't even a contest. The utah raptors would waste everything. They have a god damn machete on each foot and theres 4 of them. the utahraptor existed when many animals were considered toughskinned like alligators. Most animals nowadays are softskinned, even elephants. They would just fuck everything up.
>>
>>2044948
The salties would be useless against the trike, hippos and rhinos, but none of the others would be really hurt the crocs except the raptors, who the crocs would be able to hurt. The crocs would also know how to avoid the hippos and rhinos.
>>
>>2048907
If a raptor were caught unaware be a croc the would be stuck with one working leg. Between the crocodiles and the bears, the raptors could potentially go down
>>
>>2038086
if someone started shooting,they would have to kill 5 bears, 3 hippos and 2 rhinos before any of those animals reach the person. the others may scatter, but these ten would charge at the sound when high strung and surrounded by threats on all sides
>>
File: Triceraskin.jpg (87 KB, 620x356) Image search: [Google]
Triceraskin.jpg
87 KB, 620x356
>>2036621
Triceratops, hands down.
Size of a dumptruck, skin made of 4-inch interlocking (spiked) armor plates, the motherfucker was an anti-Tyrannosaurid weapon.

>Pic related: Triceratops sp. skin
>>
File: [Brontosmash.exe].jpg (196 KB, 800x738) Image search: [Google]
[Brontosmash.exe].jpg
196 KB, 800x738
>>2036621
Brontosaurus.
Brontosaurus always wins.
>>
>>2044154
>Triceratops lowers its head and bellows
>You've got its head dead center in your crosshairs
>You ready up the shot
>Finger on the trigger
>You stare at him, and he just stares right back at you
>And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side.
>The other two Triceratops you didn't even know were there.
>>
Even if you put in a human with guns, there would be too many highly aggressive targets for the gunner to kill many before they are overwhelmed. I would post the webm of a lion running up to a group of hunters and pouncing on one before taking off while practically eating bullets from 5 rifles. It would have died later, but the man dies immediately.

Tl;dr - human takes out 2 or three before eaten by lions and bears
>>
>>2051055
*if I weren't on mobile
>>
>>2049003
Ensuring the triceratops reigns uncontested
>>
>>2050963
I've seen videos of rhinoceroses being startled and running away so I'm not so sure about your scenario, still totally manageable with a semi-auto rifle of appropriate calibre, it's not like the animals are going to coordinate an assault.
>>
>>2037932
this picture makes me nervous for some reason
>>
>>2039141
I think the Utahrapors could defeat the hippos pretty handily as well.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.