[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We can do what we want with animals claims bible thumper.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: this bitch.png (52 KB, 477x527) Image search: [Google]
this bitch.png
52 KB, 477x527
God gave them to us to be used as we see fit.
Sauce is Fox news facebook article on elephants being retired from the circus.
>>
>no animals in heaven
Lame as fuck. Why bother?
>>
>>2036135
>Facebook
That's almost as bad as youtube comments.
>>
>>2036138
Way worse than Youtube comments.
>>
Christ I hate people like this.
>>
>>2036135
>die
>go to heaven because St. Peter wasn't paying attention
>its full of fundies and no plants or animals. just endless miles of plain white clouds and people who refused to let their kids trick or treat

JUST
>>
>>2036168
>St. Peter hands you a key to a small shack right inside the pearly gates

>It's full of /k/

>Do-as-you-please
>>
>>2036178
Meh, where is the /s/ shack?
>>
>>2036137
>tfw your best animal friend won't be waiting for you beyond the pearly gates
>>
>>2036178
>shooting up heaven
sounds like a alt rock band. or a doc about heroin
>>
>>2036135
Is she joking? I understand everything she said, except for the "beauty" part. The most prominent motive in the Christian faith is(in a true neo-platonic fashion) to seek out the source of all beauty(namely God himself), and not waste your life appreciating temporal distractions.
>>
File: Church - Dog - Heaven.jpg (468 KB, 395x2578) Image search: [Google]
Church - Dog - Heaven.jpg
468 KB, 395x2578
>>
>>2036354
>9gag
/an/ is deteriorating.
>>
>>2036137
>no animals in heaven
more like:
>no heaven or any kind of afterlife
>>
>>2036354
what a funny maymay X-D
Do you have moar? (:
>>
>>2036375
Enlightening post
>>
File: 1391677326736.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1391677326736.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>2036168
>>
/b/ called, they want their edgelord back.
>>
>>2036375
Bugguy plz go.
>>
>>2036500
Bugguy talks about religion?
>>
>>2036369
It's not from there. I imagine anon googled one of those quotes and 9gag was the one to pop up. Happens to me all the time when I'm looking for a certain gif and can't find the original source or one without a shitty watermark.
>>
>>2036135
She is right.
>>
File: patty green.jpg (127 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
patty green.jpg
127 KB, 960x960
>>2036135
>>
By the standards he set himself he is right. Since I don't believe in an afterlife I don't feel inclined to question his belief either. He can proceed to treat animals however he likes
>>
>>2036539
Looks like she forgot to brush half of her teeth.
>>
>>2036135
>we can do whatever we want to them, including killing them for food and clothing
>it's wrong to physically hurt them

wat
>>
>>2036354
If I understand correctly, according to Christianity soul =/= spirit and all living things have "a soul", but only humans have both. Which means all of them will be/can be resurrected by God if he wants to, but only Humans are judge-able. Talking with copypasta sure is fun.
>>
>>2036521
no.

I compare anthropomorphism to it.
>>
File: body_soul_spirit copy.jpg (41 KB, 400x231) Image search: [Google]
body_soul_spirit copy.jpg
41 KB, 400x231
>>2037951
Thanks, that's interesting. I had not thought much about that distinction. But it does indeed be a matter of interpretation even among christian study.
>>
>>2036135
Thi argument is always so bad, implying a ruler can do how ever he pleases with his subordinates.
>>
File: free.png (499 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
free.png
499 KB, 449x642
>>2037988
The main idea behind it is
>Triune God
>Human is created in "image and likeness" of God
>Therefore kind of triune as well
>>
>>2036135
i completely agree with her, i cant believe that there are trolls in this thread who disagree with her, seriously what pathetic creatures.
>>
>>2036539
>3 boxes of cereal in the bedroom, but it's the healthy kind!
>>
Who gives a fuck what some random person on FB thinks?
>>
>>2041314
It's less that there's someone wrong on the internet, and more that she constitutes a type of person that exists in significant quantities.
>>
File: 600x399103.jpg (48 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
600x399103.jpg
48 KB, 600x399
Animals don't even have souls so why does it matter how we treat them.
>>
Ella is right on. Even if you believe that God put them here 'for us' it's selfish to decide that your own needs and wants are more important than others. It's this poacher mentality of "I want this animal so I get it" which completely disregards what the rest of humanity wants and what's good for the earth etc. Not to mention what's good for the animals that God apparently made... You'd think he would want us to not demean them and make them dance for us. :/
>>
>>2043135
this idea is pretty new - that things belong to the people and that means all the people so they shouldn't be used individually by any of the people.

Up until about the 1990's, anything that belonged to the public was available to be taken and used by the first person to grab it, with very few exceptions.

so you may see personal use as selfish, but that's not how older adults see it. Only time will tell if your kids and grandkids agree with your views. Personally I think it's more selfish to say things can't be used because not everyone can use them. I think yours is the selfish view.
>>
>>2036135
> the very first animal was killed by God so man could have clothing

Is this canon? I thought there was no need for clothes until Adam and eve became self conscious after eating from the tree of knowledge, at which point God told them they were on their own.
>>
>>2043143

You think it's selfish to think you shouldn't kill all the rhinos ever so you can have all the ivory ever?
>>
>>2043153
no I don't.

I think it's selfish to say if you can't eat chicken nobody can. Or if you can't stand to watch a dancing elephant at the circus nobody can.
>>
>>2043151
yes, genesis 3:21

it doesn't specifically say god killed an animal, it just says he gave them skins for clothing.
>>
what's /an/'s opinion of zoos? I think a lot of the animals are sad there but the overall benefits to humans and animals outweigh the negatives
>>
>>2043163
It would be nicer if you could somehow explain to the animals how much their captivity means to their brothers in the wild. Make them understand that they're the Christ animals, suffering so their brothers don't have to. Then they could get all righteous about it and shave their heads and stuff.

I think everyone would be happier all around.

but I'm ok with zoos even if the animals don't understand why they have to live in cages. Maybe we should rotate the animals we keep, like just capture new ones every year and let the old ones go. Maybe pay them a salary of portable food products when they leave. Or paint them bright colors so they get all the wild animal bitches when they get back on the block.
>>
Proverbs 12:10, you guys
>>
>>2043163
To me it depends on the animal. Some do just fine in a well-run zoo. But as you say there are benefits like conservation efforts.
>>
>>2043157
>>2043153
Both are selfish
>>
>>2036375
>>2041442
>>2043044
>>>/reddit/
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.