[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dealing with a cat post-surgery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image%3A27226.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
image%3A27226.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
I tried to look this up on forums but got no answers, so I want to ask here, I have a male cat, DSH, named Bowie. He resently went throught a UTI-surgery, one which it took him a week to recover and twice to be unblocked. He had been hooked up on a catheter and fluids for the past week and the vet took him out of it last Sunday. He did well both days and his readings were stabilizing.

I brought him home today and now he doesn't seem to want to do much, just hide in his carrier box and under chairs, just like he did before the whole thing began, should I be concerned? The vet told me he need time to recover amd that he was doing much better, but I want to hear from you guys, if you had to deal with such a thing as well.

Pic related, it's him.
>>
>>2035753
He has been peeing, however in small amounts. He still has not eaten though. I also habe to other cats, both females, that have been very menacing to him ever since he got back, which is strange since they never have done that in the past.
>>
>>2035753
Just give him time anon he went through surgery.
>>
>>2035754
Probably try isolating him from the other cats and he'll eat eventually if not bring him back to the vet.
>>
>>2035763
>>2035766
All right, thank you. I figured he had to adjust a bit. I just want him to be his usual self again.
>>
>>2035766

yeah do this. This kind of surgery is super traumatic and so is spending that much time in hospital and he needs to calm down. I would separate him from the other cats and make sure he has access to food and water..

Maybe try adding some water to his food? or tuna water or something to make it smell better? Make sure he keeps peeing, and don't be afraid to contact your vet for questions if he doesn't start eating, especially if he gets worse over the day or two.
>>
>>2035811
Alright, thank you. I noticed he would start growling whenever I picked him up, I guess that's a no go for the moment.
>>
File: Snapchat-8883594389881367844.jpg (528 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8883594389881367844.jpg
528 KB, 1080x1920
>>2035753
Hey, that's the same cone I had for my buddy when he got neutered!

Hope your cat feels better soon! I think everyone else in the thread pretty much covered it, but maybe you should try feeding him wet food from now on? It's supposed to help prevent blockages. I know it's can be kind of inconvenient; I feed my cat Blue Buffalo and in the evenings I give him a watered down and heated up portion, which he loves. I still leave a little less than a cup of the dried food out during the day for him to munch on.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.