[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a way to provide my cat with some stimulation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I'm looking for a way to provide my cat with some stimulation and excercise.

He's about 7-8 years old, not very old. He's on a good diet. He's neutered.

He's also half-blind. He was that way before I got him.

Every toy I get for him is ignored. All he does is eat, sleep, get pets, use the shitter, and take the occasional dash across my condo.

No way am I letting him outside. If I ever do, he's going to be on his harness and leash and under close supervision. I'm never letting my cats outside again since my childhood cat became roadkill (don't blame me for having been a stupid kid).
>>
I'm running into the same issue with my cat. If your cat is really food motivated, maybe there are some puzzle toys you can use to hide treats in.

Sadly, I haven't been able to find any at my local Petco. I think that there may be some online.
>>
I don't know much about cats. Maybe you can get him toys that offer interesting smells? If he's half blind I imagine he's hard to motivate visually.
>>
>>2034480
get a burd or hamster for him to watch.
>>
>>2034487
I used to have a fish. He didn't care.
>>
>>2034480
Is he fat? Does he seem content? Why is it so important to give a cat exercise when he doesn't want it if he's not unhealthy?
>>
>>2034480

If he's content, just leave it. He's not a dog.

Maybe go take him outside on a leash. Or get another cat.
>>
>>2034483
This, OP, seeing as how your cat is half blind, then toys with interesting scents and especially toys that make interesting sounds will motivate him.

Google Homer's Odyssey, not the ancient one, the one about the completely blind cat that survived ground zero of 9/11. That book will probably give you some great ideas for helping to mentally stimulate your cat and give him plenty of exercise.

In the mean time, try getting one or two of those little bells that are basically hollow balls with a metal pin inside, like the kind you always see on reindeer. Tie that to a sturdy string with some brightly colored feathers. Or maybe a small pouch full of catnip. Then gently wiggle that around near your cat until it chimes enough to get his attention.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.