[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cephalopod 1-0-1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: cuttlefish-11.jpg (757 KB, 1025x769) Image search: [Google]
cuttlefish-11.jpg
757 KB, 1025x769
Hol' up, hol' up:

http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-cuttlefish-and-vs-squid/

>What is the difference between Cuttlefish and Squid?

>Cuttlefish are a group of animals of the Class: Cephalapoda, while squids are a type of cuttlefish.

This is utter BS right?

I was under the impression squids and cuttlefish (also octopuses and nautiloids) are all separate groups within the Cephalopoda class.

Anyway, is anyone here into cephs in general, le tentacle rape and cthulhu XD maymays aside? Is there a go-to book on the subject, something in the vein of The Book of Sharks by Richard Ellis?

Thanks for any help!
>>
>>2034227
Yeah, they're just different orders of animals.

I don't really have any great information aside from directing you to tonmo, but you've probably already bumped into that.
>>
>>2034227
The class Cephalopoda has three/four subclasses (depending the taxonomist) and only two of them remain in the Holocene which are the Nautiloids and Coleoids.
And since every non-shelled cephalopod is in the second one saying that a squid is a type of cuttlefish is like stating that a horse is a type of monkey.
>>
>>2034241
>>2034270

Cheers, anons.
>>
File: chambered-nautilus.jpg (94 KB, 1200x677) Image search: [Google]
chambered-nautilus.jpg
94 KB, 1200x677
god tier coming through.
>>
File: LucasAmmoniteForWeb.jpg (192 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
LucasAmmoniteForWeb.jpg
192 KB, 1280x853
>>2034624
why must all nice things be extinct?
>>
File: cuttlefish-1024x768.jpg (214 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
cuttlefish-1024x768.jpg
214 KB, 1024x768
>>2034624
You posted the wrong picture but its OK, I got you insectman
>>
>>2034625
Well, at least we have tree sloths and baleen whales.
>>
File: baleen whale and orca.png (521 KB, 586x349) Image search: [Google]
baleen whale and orca.png
521 KB, 586x349
>>2034707
Baleen whales border to the mythological.
>>
>>2034625
The World before man, was a world of magic, of high adventure. Mythical beasts roamed the land, from the very skies to the lowest pit of the seas, titans of ol, tree as tall as skyscrappers themselves, nothing seemed impossible.
Until it came....From the Sky.
>>
File: sub-Nautilus.jpg (59 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
sub-Nautilus.jpg
59 KB, 800x600
>>2034227
>tfw you will never own an octopus
>tfw you will never own a squid
>tfw you will never own a cuttlefish
>tfw you will never ever own a nautilus
>nautilus
>>
>>2037619
I thought they were extinct.
>>
>>2037634
If you mean ammonites, then your right, but nautilus is a closely related extant species.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49TX8C0LPKg
>>
>>2037634
pls be retarded somewhere else. thanks.
>>
>>2037619
IKTF

>>2037658
Hey now, I started this thread with a pretty retarded question. Everyone's allowed here.
>>
>>2037644
Ammonites are actually closer to the coleoids.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.