[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my mate who lives at mine with my mum got a pair of hamsters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: snxHzpv.jpg (32 KB, 320x428) Image search: [Google]
snxHzpv.jpg
32 KB, 320x428
So my mate who lives at mine with my mum got a pair of hamsters and one of our two dogs keeps whining behind his room door and barking. My mum and mate say "it's fine, she's excited there's new animals."

Well, I personally think the dog's instincts are setting in and she views them as a threat in our own home. She's a shih szu (not stereotypical of being dangerous) but keeps walking around with her tail down, whining at all of us. When she was in front of the hamster cage on the bed she followed the hamsters with her eyes and had an occasional growl and clawed the cage then I think she tried to burrow her head under the cage to knock it off the bed.

But I'm no veterinarian and I feel an experienced or expert opinion is best. So what'd you guys have to say? Is this a sign of something bad or is she just getting used to there being two new tiny faces?
>>
>>2032046
Prey drive.
Your dog considers the hamsters to be good sport / meal.
>>
I once saw a little girl show her dog her new hamster. Before I could get to them in time, that hamster was sucked down the rotties throat faster than piece of ham.

Some dogs are okay with small animals. My Aussie cat tale dog thinks my guinea pugs are puppies or something and will corral them between his arms and just lick them and eat their little poops like they are living candy dispensers
>>
File: IMG_20150825_152550964.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150825_152550964.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
My border collie absolutely loves my rats, she is very gentle and kind with them. The rats will groom her face and paws. It's so cute. Pic related.

Hamsters are a lot more fearful than rats though. I've had both as pets. Your hammy might bite your dog or have a heart attack from fright.
>>
>>2032586
Rats truly are top tier rodents.
>>
>>2032823
Are they though?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.