[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog aggression to people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: miniature dachshund.jpg (42 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
miniature dachshund.jpg
42 KB, 360x450
I own a Miniature Dachshund. Sometimes when one of my family members is holding the dog, he will growl and bark at other family members to stop them from approaching. My dogs also barks at visitors and tries to bite their toes. When I take him outside, he will start growling when others try to pet him. He always ignores other dogs he sees.
Is this normal behavior for dogs? If not, what can I do about it?
>>
Watch this video, and learn from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JED4Saq_ZpM&list=PLdN3gbvLGO69ux2taRPiVADgwfTrPor2C

Hell, you could even watch the whole season.
If you open up the link in a new tab or window, you'll be on the season 1 playlist.
>>
>>2030744
Thanks for the link
>>
bait
>>
>>2030724
Because it's a pathetic creature and I bet you reinforce the fuck out of it when it acts scared (or probably too busy wondering if your eyebrows are 'on fleek').

Anyway you can fix this. Teach it to heel (where it follows you round in circles ect). When it gets good at that, do it when walking past people using a treat as bait. When your dog isn't the snivling, snarling little shit it is (and looks like) and doesn't lash out at every breathing thing, praise it and treat it for bring good and not being a cunt. Get friends to help. Maybe get them to wear a shirt if yours so they at least have your scent.

Or go to a good trainer and tell them what you told us. They will pretty much tell you what I said hut give you training and use the self ect. Hope that helps.

Don't fuck get ankther toy dog because it looks cool on instagram and fits your inner city wanker life.
>>
>>2033109
Tbh I am sometimes scared that my dog will bite me.
>>
>>2030724
im tired and i misread miniature dachshund as minotaur dachshund
>>
>>2033118
If he bites you then go put him in a room by himself and go cold on him. How long is up to you. The punishment is worth the crime. However keep in mind, an animal being aggressive should score your highest arbitrary level of punishment. Your lucky it's a filthy little lizard rat and not a real size dog that people would socially scorn you if it acted like that. But no, because it's small and cute people encourage that shit and set a social norm that it's ok for little dogs to be fuck wits.
>>
>>2033785
Will sending my dog to the room really correct his habits though?
>>
>>2033786
Make it unstimulating as fuck and show you are visibly upset and disappointed. He will get it. If he doesn't, he's a fuck head dog and why would you want a friend who doesn't care for your wellbeing.
>>
>>2033786
Or a shock Collar with different settings if that fails
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.