[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, I'm bit new on this board, but it would be nice if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: shadow_ix__by_czertice-d5i5ve5.jpg (315 KB, 900x534) Image search: [Google]
shadow_ix__by_czertice-d5i5ve5.jpg
315 KB, 900x534
Hey, I'm bit new on this board, but it would be nice if you guys would help me out.

I'm looking to buy a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog. It doesn't have to be pure breed, but I would like a dog that resembles him as much as possible.
I've only saw people selling puppies for 500 EUR, and I don't have that kind of money.
I could shill out maximally 100 EUR for the little guy.

If anybody who lives in Slovakia, or nearby, ( or knows a place that could ship me one) could tell me where I could get one for about 100 EUR, I would be most thankful.

(I'll leave this thread going for a day, and then come back. Thanks everybody)
>>
>>2030474
Basically "I want a very specific breed of a dog for very little money" good luck m8
>>
If you can't save up 500 euros, then there's no way you could pay for the vet bills for a medical emergency. I'm not even sure if could pay for food and routine shots and yearly checkups for him. One large dog costs at least $50 a month to feed I the US.

It's cool that you want a dog. But at the moment, you do not have the proper means to take care of one. So if you truly do love them, please make the right decision and wait until you are in a better place financially.
>>
>>2030479
What they said. Big dogs are expensive. How can you afford to take care of them properly if you can't even pay the 500?
>>
>>2030474
you can't.
you wouldn't even be able to buy the initial equipment required from 100 EUR.
I seriously doubt that you could get one from even 500 EUR

Posting in a bait thread
>>
Not really defending op, but I hate how people assume if you can't afford to buy a purebred animal, that means you don't have vet or general care money. I always make sure I can afford an animal before I buy it. I just find it hard to get over the "sticker shock" of the initial price.
>>
>>2030479
>>2030481
>>2030482
OP here.
I have a steady income, and I used to own a big dog before. Didn't cost me more than about 15 EUR a month to feed him. I have all veterinary costs for virtually free, since my friend is a vet.
So don't say I can't take care of my dogs.
>>
>>2030500
>15 EUR a month to feed him
what kind of shit did you feed the poor thing
>>
>>2030500
>I have all veterinary costs for virtually free, since my friend is a vet.
That's like saying you don't need health insurance since you have a friend who is a doctor
>>
>>2030505
Guess you don't realize how cheap the food in here is.
For 15 euro I can buy groceries for myself for one week.
>>2030507
No, that literally doesn't mean that.
Getting surgery is little bit different than getting a shot for a dog.
>>
>>2030510
quality kibble costs around the same everywhere, i guess you just don't know what that is, and what a dog's diet should consist of.
>>
>>2030510
>For 15 euro I can buy groceries for myself for one week.
sure you can but it'll be shit quality food or an unbalanced unhealthy diet.
>Getting surgery is little bit different than getting a shot for a dog.
you know dogs can have surgeries too? what are you gonna do when your friend thinks that you leeched off of him enough and wants to make you pay? what if your dog gets chronically sick and needs medication?
>>
>>2030519
>what if your dog gets chronically sick and needs medication?
it's kewl, his vet friend will put the dog down for a discount price
>>
>>2030519
>it'll be shit quality food or an unbalanced unhealthy diet.
*it'll be shit quality food and an unbalanced unhealthy diet.
fixed myself
>>
>>2030474

Whatever your version of gumtree is in slovakia is your best bet for a cheap dog.

But lets be honest..you can't even afford 150$ on a dog?

Seriously?? You should not be owning a dog.
>>
>>2030519
>what if your dog gets chronically sick and needs medication?

Not him, but this is the point were you shoot the dog.
>>
>>2030536
i'm guessing that's how your mom died
>>
>>2030474
good luck, this is an extremely expensive and rare breed that pretty much only exists in Europe. You're better off trying to get a Sarloos wolfdog or a Tamaskan. Also they're an expensive breed to take care of. Kind of like a more fine tuned, prestigious GSD or any other Northern Breed. They eat, A LOT. Gotta buy them big bags of food.
>>
>>2030540
OP is from Slovakia, which is kinda the homeland of the czechoSLOVAKIAN wolfdog.
Also, most breeders ship worldwide
>>
go to the pound and find a husky mix bam problem solved. That is the closest you are going to get for 100.
>>
>>2030539
i see more mom 'jokes' here than i've seen them on /v/. i can't say why but i expected it to be the other way around.
>>
>>2030542
oh wow can't believe i missed that. Still, don't you have to be recognized by some sort of breeders society to buy one of these dogs anyway? If op wants a dog that looks like a wolf (kinda, not really tho) but acts like a dog, then he/she's probably better off getting a Tamaskan. They're more common and less pricey
>>
500 eur, you would pay more for a gaming pc thsn that and it wouldn't last 12 years.
>>
>>2030548
i haven't heard that you would have to be in any kind of breeders society. They might sell some dogs with great potential with a contract, that he/she has to be taken to conformation shows, and take part of a breeding program if succeeds thought, but that is definitely not the standard.

The dog school i go to here has a czechoslovakian wolfdog, he's kind of a bitch, since his instincts are stronger even at 7 months old(which will get worse because of the wolf blood), so it kinda sucks for the owner, eventhough she is coming every time. I'm kinda jelly
>>
>>2030556
>which will get worse because of the wolf blood
what do you mean by this? Czechoslovakians aren't wolf dog mixes they're a distinct breed of dog. Do you mean because they're closer to wolves genetically due to the breeds origins from GSD-Wolf mixes, that the dog has temperament issues (similar to other Northern breeds bred from Wolfdogs such as GSDs)?
>>
>>2030558
>After initially breeding working line German Shepherd Dogs with Carpathian wolves (Canis lupus lupus), a plan was worked out to create a breed that would have the temperament, pack mentality, and trainability of the German Shepherd Dog and the strength, physical build, and stamina of the Carpathian wolf.

So yeah, now they don't have wolf parents, but they pretty much did in the beginning
>>
>>2030559
yeah, i know that the breed starts with wolves and wolfdogs but it was my understanding that the wolf like traits such as severe temperament issues and aggression were not present in the breed to a noticeable degree.
>>
>>2030474
If you can't afford that, why do you think you can afford permits and vet bills? It sounds like you have an EXTREMELY, and let me say EXTREMELY fucking minimal understanding of wolfdogs. I'm not gonna bother reading the rest of the thread but I'm gonna hope it involved you realizing you should kill yourself instead of forcing an animal to suffer.
>>
>>2031741

In modern Czech Wolfdogs the wolf content has been so thoroughly bred out that, for all intents and purposes, it's non-existent. It's just a breed of dog.
>>
File: 1450764795994.jpg (9 KB, 300x251) Image search: [Google]
1450764795994.jpg
9 KB, 300x251
>>2030500
>15 EUR a month to feed him

What were you feeding him? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>2030474

Try looking for a rescue website and be prepared to ruin both yours and the dog's life
>>
>>2030474
Those dogs go for 1000-1500. They are also extremly hard to take care of and canĀ“t stay alone for more than an hour or so.
>>
>>2031897
Shouldn't you get two anyway, like Sarloos?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.