[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any veterinarians here? my cat was diagnosed with pneumonia,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: cat.png (2 MB, 1209x929) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
2 MB, 1209x929
Any veterinarians here? my cat was diagnosed with pneumonia, stayed two days in the clinic and when I got him back his leg was soft kinda like a inanimate plush doll, I waited 3 days and took him there again asking for a explanation and they told me that due to his lack of oxygen from the pneumonia his leg didn't get enough blood or some shit like that. Does that make any sense or I'm just getting bullshited
>>
>>2030405
Get a second opinion from another vet if you have suspicions about your current vet. You'd do it for your personal doctor wouldn't you?
>>
>>2030407
literally spent all my month's payment with meds for the cat and bills, a second opinion isn't free here
>>
Which leg was it? Has there been any improvement since you got him back?
>>
>>2030441
leg from the back, left one. just a little bit better, less flaccid but he doesn't touch teh ground that much
>>
>>2030405
I'd certainly be worried about the apparant lack of concern from your vet. The fact that they released him to you like that, without even telling you there was an issue there, rings big alarm bells. It's something that really needs asessing further, no hospital would just send you home with with an unresponsive limb and expect you to just rest it off. I'm no expert, but loss of blood flow so severe there was some sort of nerve or muscle damage is a pretty big deal. At the very least it needs to be looked at to tell how badly affected the limb is, whether your cat will be able to regain full use of it, and whether it needs further treatment such as physiotherepy to help that process.

As >>2030407 said, you really need a second opinion. It souldn't cost you much for him to be checked over, but if he needs further treatment you can't avoid that. There are humane societies that help people on low incomes or who are stuggling financially, have a look to see whats available in your aria.
>>
>>2031902
I'll try to get a second opinion
>>
>>2030527
Hind... I thought so. They may have fucked up and hit the sciatic nerve while giving an injection.

http://pets.thenest.com/sciatica-cats-13101.html
>>
>>2032115
I'll mention this to the vet, i was playing with him a little bit today and when I touched the healthy paw he moved it out of the way as usual but the injured one he didn't, maybe he doesn't even feel it properly?
>>
update, second vet told me it's very likely caused by an injection and not the bullshit they told me, will have to give medication for 7 days and physiotherapy 3 times a day
>>
>>2033843
Is it even possible to litigate against something like that?
>>
>>2033862
i have no idea
>>
>>2033843
Holy shit I would be so mad. I hope your cat improves fast anon.
>>
No, there are no vets here. they all would rather watch your cat die of urinary tract blockage and keep saying take it to the vet! take it to the vet! instead of trying to help.
>>
>>2034853
Prime b8 m8. Alas, if only we could unblock cats via the internet.
>>
>>2033843
Sorry that happened mate, hope your cat recovers. Good luck, post an update later this week if you think of it.
>>
File: 1422355018430.jpg (51 KB, 266x295) Image search: [Google]
1422355018430.jpg
51 KB, 266x295
>>2033843
Sue the shit out of them.

Then burn it down just to be sure.
>>
>>2035238
nothing really to update, i have to call the vet and tell him it's impossible to do the physiotherapy by myself, when he did it it seemed so easy the cat didn't even react but just touching his paw now and he almost bites me, plus he constantly moves so i might make it even worse, i'll have to figure out a way to do this
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.