[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dyktddtot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
animal themed did you knows.
great way to absorb obscure knowledge.
points for pet facts extra points for debunking.
>>
>>2029678
did you know the mantis shrimp has the broadest visual light spectrum and can see colours humans cant even fathom.
>>
>>2029678
did you know that the dog deemed most violent dog on dog or dog on human is the daschund, closely followed by the chiuaha.
>>
>>2029678
> itt: bugguy vs everyone
>>
Corcuia skinks raise their young for months and live with their families.
Ammophila wasps use tools.
>>
>>2029684
POINTS AWARDED
>>
>>2029678
over half of the worlds pigs are in china.
ants dont have lungs
wombat poo is cuboid
>>
The majority of lizards in Namibia have 3 legs and walk funny.
>>
>>2029678
chickens can keep track of numbers up to 5 from birth. their eyes are home to the only known biological occurrence of a "new" state of matter, disordered hyperuniformity.
common snapping turtles haven't changed much since they evolved 40,000 years ago, but over 80% of turtles have evolved from them as a common ancestor. alligator snapping turtles are known to grow to over 200 lb.
>>
File: rainbow eyes.png (700 KB, 800x5801) Image search: [Google]
rainbow eyes.png
700 KB, 800x5801
>>2029679
I have the image related to that.
>>
>>2029760
>>2029679
They don't have as large of a visual processing center in their brains though, so they can see a broader spectrum, but at the same time not see as much as us if that makes sense
>>
>>2029678
Cheetahs can't retract their claws.

Corvids have separate languages and communities.
>>
>>2029753
have seen a snapping turtle annihilate pineapples and watermelons, mother fucker looked like a coffee table.
>>
>>2029753
Shit, at least 200#. Pulled one out of a cypress swamp near a golf course that was almost as wide as the hood of my car. Scaled out at 225 before we let him loose.
>>
All female elephants to ever exist are/were virgins. During mating, the male elephant does not actually penetrate and their hymens stay intact during mating.

http://www.reproduction-online.org/content/84/2/485.full.pdf
>>
File: pig wall.jpg (241 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
pig wall.jpg
241 KB, 900x600
Guinea pigs aren't really pigs, and they aren't from Guinea.
>>
Did you know that if you removed an egg from a frog before it laid it, it'd be a tad lighter?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.