[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do animals know what death means?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: OL79TWSx.jpg (59 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
OL79TWSx.jpg
59 KB, 480x640
Hi /an/ one of my dogs it's dying right know, and the other one it's right beside him, they never did this before. He knows what it's going to happen?

pic related
>>
there are no animals with a concept of death.

not even humans.
>>
>>2028425
When I was younger my grandfather was dying of cancer and moved in with us the last two weeks he was alive. Our dog always slept in my parents room. But when he arrived she slept in the hallway right outside his room. The last few nights he was alive she moved into his room and slept next to the bed. Even during the day she was there. We would physically have to move her out of the way to tend to him. Once he died she moved back into my parents room.
>>
>>2028440
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7129952/Cat-predicts-50-deaths-in-RI-nursing-home.html

>Dr David Dosa, a geriatrician and assistant professor at Brown University, said that five years of records showed Oscar rarely erring, sometimes proving medical staff at the New England nursing home wrong in their predictions over which patients were close to death.
>>
>>2028425
Even if they don't know exactly what death means, I'm sure they know something is wrong. My cat is dying right now and he won't leave us alone. I think he just wants to be around us just in case. Do I think he knows he's dying? No. He just knows something's up and he wants his mom around him.
>>
>>2028428
But humans do have concepts of death.
>>
File: bugguy.jpg (64 KB, 598x436) Image search: [Google]
bugguy.jpg
64 KB, 598x436
>>2028428
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.