[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips for getting a cat to stop being a dick about using the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1444159870264.jpg (52 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
1444159870264.jpg
52 KB, 717x960
Any tips for getting a cat to stop being a dick about using the litter box?

>health checks out, vet said she's fine and it's behavioral
>9 yr old female, spayed
>litter box is always clean
>tried: FeliWay (spray & plug in), olbas oil, vinegar, citrus, aluminum foil, double stick tape, slew of diff enzyme cleaners, Ssscat, & replacing the carpet

Started a few years ago. Got gradually better in the sense of it now being down to one small area of the living room. Progressively worse in terms of frequency. Until today she had been using the litter box every time for the past 2.5 weeks since getting the carpet replaced. I don't know wtf to do anymore, I'm at my wits end here, pls help.
>>
Eat the cat.
>>
Try dirt or sand instead of litter. If she uses it, slowly mix in litter over a period off a few weeks ans see if that works.

Maybe try odorless or paper litter too.
>>
Definitely eat the cat
>>
>>2028331
Litter box is a CatGenie. Can't put dirt, sand, regular litter, etc in it. Uses little plastic pellet things.

>>2028334
Lol at least get off wifi before you shitpost so it doesn't look like I'm trolling my own thread. Twerp :P
>>
Put a litter box over the spot in the living room where she's peeing.
>>
>>2028344
Automatic litter boxes are shit.
>>
>>2028344
Maybe try a regular litter box then? It could just be something about that particular box that she doesn't like, or maybe the litter.
>>
We just ate the cat.
>>
My toilet is smelly. I think my cat pisses on it
>>
The cat is 9. Get a new one
>>
File: jackson.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
jackson.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>>2028325
You're beyond hope. Only one being can save you now.
>>
It's the automatic litterbox and the texture of the litter.

Get an actual litterbox and some different litter and then see what happens.

Automatic litterboxes are awful. What you want are those that have a full litterbox sieve underneath the litter. You don't have to scoop, just pull up the insert and dump.

You do have to get clumping litter though.
>>
>>2028437
Most seem to be. This one's decent.

>>2028445
She's not picky about litter at all. I've tried all different kinds over the years because I'm allergic to so many of them. Litterbox itself doesn't seem to be the issue either; I wouldn't have switched if she hadn't taken to it.

>>2029130
>those that have a full litterbox sieve underneath the litter. You don't have to scoop, just pull up the insert and dump.
Respectfully disagree. Those sounded good in theory but ended up being more of a pain in the ass to keep clean (and not smelling of cat ass) than the standard "box, liners, + scooper" setup.
>>
>>2028325
Similar question. Don't mean to hijack thread, but I don't wanna start a new one. My dumb cat pisses on clothes and plastic bags. He's a bit under a year old. He is also picky about litter boxes. We have two, but he will meow until we clean the one he prefers if he needs to go.
>>
Kill your cat and get a new one OP
>>
>>2028325
>taking shit from a cat
top kek

>taking literal shit from a cat
sides have left this plane of existence
>>
>>2029806

>She's not picky about litter at all.
Except apparently she is, because she's pissing on your carpet instead.

Did you try regular litter in a normal box yet?
>>
>>2029815
It's cool. Try keeping clothes/bags off the floor and clean the box more often? Best I've got. Maybe others will weigh in.

>>2029907
And shitting. She's pissing and shitting on the carpet. Because she is a dick. Also she's picky about food, not litter. This all was sparked off by me being a dumbass and trying to switch her diet. She did not appreciate the change and started protest shitting on the rug. I'd hoped going back to the food she preferred would mean the end of the protest shits. I was very wrong.
>tl;dr It's behavioral. She gives no fucks about the litter.
>>
File: onion_on_top_of_wolf_s_head.jpg (185 KB, 768x820) Image search: [Google]
onion_on_top_of_wolf_s_head.jpg
185 KB, 768x820
>>2030164
>bending your own habits is easier than training your pet.

Why do people get cats again? They fucking suck
>>
>>2030164
>She did not appreciate the change and started protest shitting on the rug.

Don't anthropomorphise your animals like this.
>>
>>2030276
Thank you for your valuable input, kind citizen.
>>
File: cat_attract-litter.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
cat_attract-litter.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
>>
>>2028325
When they are about to take a shit or leak, I always put them right into the place I want them to do it, then move their paws there to hide it.

Works everytime.
>>
>>2030276
You're contributing to the world shortage of penises anon. Stop inhaling so much dick.
>>
>>2030901
Looks interesting. Will pick some up tomorrow and give it a go. Thank you very much!!

>>2030961
I stop her and take her to the litterbox if I see her start hunching over the carpet but actually catching her in the act doesn't happen often.
>then move their paws there to hide it.
Would never have thought to try that though, thanks for the suggestion!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.