[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Walking my small dog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: dog_walk_small.jpg (21 KB, 370x179) Image search: [Google]
dog_walk_small.jpg
21 KB, 370x179
Hey /an/,
You may remember me. I live with a small dog and my mom didn't allow me to "walk" the dog where I had to put it in a stroller instead. Now my dog got on his vaccines and I managed to persuade my mom to change her mind.
Question: what kind of leash or harness is best for walking a small dog? What should I be aware of?
Thanks!
>>
get a harness, preferably one that incorporates that soft meshy material. little dogs can easily damage their throat/neck from a collar. petsmart would be fine. and the leash should just be something sturdy enough to tolerate the dog pulling
>>
File: lf.jpg (85 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
lf.jpg
85 KB, 900x900
Small dogs are better off with a harness because they're prone to collapsed trachea. I use the ones like pic related - they're easy to put on, soft, and distribute pressure evenly.
>>
>>2027106
>>2027108
Are pic related ones good?
>>
>>2027116
That's the most basic harness you can get, it's acceptable, but something like >>2027108 or a no-pull harness from petsmart would be better.
>>
>>2027238
How are those harnesses better?
>>
>>2027257
They provide more support or are designed to serve a specific function. It's really not that important, just get whatever harness is cutest or whatever.
http://www.sheknows.com/pets-and-animals/articles/1014259/how-to-choose-a-dog-harness
>>
File: No-pull harness husky.jpg (211 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
No-pull harness husky.jpg
211 KB, 500x375
>>2027269
Thanks for the link.
Is a no-pull harness best in my case then? Pic related
I haven't trained my dog to heel yet.
>>
>>2027285
I got mine at walmart, literally the best harness I have ever gotten in my life, but I use it on a large dog, I'm sure about your tiny baby. Go with your gut. Only you know your dog.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21650299?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227017141517&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=43265853272&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=81889499072&veh=sem
>>
>>2027285
If you think your dog will give you trouble with pulling then it can't hurt to try. I have a little Yorkie who doesn't pull at all so it doesn't matter what I walk her on.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.