[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog Breeds & Owner Reputations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11
File: 20151230_174409.jpg (395 KB, 2484x1433) Image search: [Google]
20151230_174409.jpg
395 KB, 2484x1433
Let's talk about dog breeds, and how they reflect on their owners. I'll start.

I've never met someone with a toy dog breed who I would consider friendable. There is always something a little ungrounded there.

Pic is my 8 month old Great Pyrenees taken just now.
>>
Most people in my area with pits are degenerates or white trash that put in no effort to train or raise them.
Most people who will train and raise a dog propperly stay to other breeds because of reputation only caused by the neglectful owners.
I hate the idea of being lumped in with those trash even tho mine is a well bred, trained, beautiful coach potato.
>>
>>2026863
Honestly, over the years, the only dog owners I like anymore are people I see out doing things with their dogs (like hiking, swimming, sports) and certain old people with very calm sweet dogs. With these people, breeds never mattered. I've met awesome Chihuahuas and GSD alike.
>>
>>2026873

I live in a middle/high class area south of Nashville, TN. I see so many young women walking/jogging their pits along the main streets. The pitbull breeds seem to be a favorite amoung 20-something women here for whatever reason. And of all the ones I've encountered here, they're all complete sweeties. It really does all depend on the owner.
>>
File: IMG_0540.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0540.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
I get a lot of stranger love for my cattle cross. It's a double win because normal people think she is cute and bogans love her because cattle dogs and kelpies embody the Australian spirit.

'ow ya gaarn, blue ', is not an uncommon greeting I get from akubra wearing folk.

My other owners of cattle dogs I know usually have incredibly strict types and are those' dogs are serious business', so even though they can be a bit insufferable at times, they still have qualities of discipline and treating their mutt like their best mate.
>>
File: pupperoo.jpg (600 KB, 740x1131) Image search: [Google]
pupperoo.jpg
600 KB, 740x1131
I live in an affluent neighborhood and come across a lot of old ladies with Labradors, and they're always really well trained, elderly dogs

It's pretty depressing, because we always stop to chat when I'm out walking my pup, and they're always talking about they're too old to get another one once theirs goes
>>
>>2026890
Lucky. Im in southern indiana and the only people who have any are ones buying them out of meth neighborhoods bred for the widest head and meanest bark. Occasionally a 20-30s would get one because "theyre so tough and coool" only to dump them when they get bored or realize theyre can be stubborn with training due to the bully and terrior background.
My pit had been dropped off at the local shelter 3 different times because the people adopting her didnt know how to train a dog let alone a puppy. One of the best dogs ive had in a long time.
>>
>>2026902
>ow ya gaarn, blue
wtf does that mean?

>>2026904
My grandmother is like this. She had a Shih Tzu that died at 14 and she doesn't want to get another because of her age. Now she gushes over every dog she sees. She's just turned 60 and in good health...
>>
>>2026915
How are you going, blue dog?

Down under, blue heeler are known as bluey or blue dog because of their grey coat that had a blue tinge. We also call them red dogs if they have a reddish tinge like our local dirt.

Fun fact, you also call people with red hair, bluey. Welcome to Australia, cunt.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (23 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
23 KB, 511x288
Red dog. A famous Australian dog (this one was the actor), but a great movie / book none the less. My cattle dog loves playing with kelpies. Australian working dogs are GOAT
>>
>>2026938
>>2026929
>>2026902
Do people ever have dingos? I know they were the aboriginals' dogs when they first arrived and historically some people used them as shepherds, but do people still have them legally as pets?
>>
This girl I work with has a pomeranian that she brings to the office every other week and both are so quiet sometimes I forget they're even there. She does agility with it I guess. I didn't know toy breeds were cut out for it.
>>
>>2026944
Cattle dogs are thought to be Scottish merles brought over from the first fleet and they bred with dingos. I've also heard some dalmatian got in there. Same for kelpies, they definately have dingo in them. As for dingos as pets, highly illegal. They are unpredictable as fuck and wyld brah. Im sure some indigenous mobs still have them but it would be similar to when grey wolves first hung around humans symbiotically for food in trade for protection and hunting ect. My mate had a lab crossed dingo which was pretty cool.
>>
>>2026944
>>2026998
Not true mate, varies from state to state. Completely illegal in Tasmania, Queensland, and South Australia. Permits are issued in Victoria, ACT, and Western Australia. New South Wales is completely legal, no special permits needed.
>>
>>2027006
The more you know!
>>
File: Snapchat-6070008997161605275.jpg (990 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6070008997161605275.jpg
990 KB, 1440x2560
Pitbulls are usually mistreated af by cholos where I live, or on a chain 24/7 so they wont jump on kids. Its really sad since i got a Blue/red nose mix a few months ago and they're total sweethearts ):

>pic related
My pit, he was hypnotized by my chips.
>>
I know someone who owns dashunds. Every morning they cook them bacon and eggs, they have done over 20k damage to the house. Cost about 10k themselves in the first year alone with vet bills. Hate the little smug cunts. Every dashund owner has been a pretentious cunt, and now that hipsterdom is a thing they are the choice of dog for bearded cunts with kangols. Toy dogs generally have fucked owners.

End butt blust.
>>
>>2027032
Jesus are you one of those cholos? What the hell is that grubby room? A fighting den?
>>
File: Snapchat--6523220939318569041.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--6523220939318569041.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>2027038
No lol its my friends apartment, the kids throw all the trash in the parking lot for some reason. This is a small part of my house
>>
>>2027039
Killer!
>>
>>2027039
>>2027032
>>2026873

I have two pit/amstaff cross from the same litter. They're well behaved and really lovable.

How do you guys find they are at the dog park? I take mine and the boy is pretty good with most of the other dogs, but he is constantly trying to display dominance. He pins down all the other big dogs and stuff but once he gets heaps tired he just plays normally

The girl isn't really interested in other dogs, she gives the initial sniff and greeting and then pretty much does her own thing. However, whenever she sees another amstaff cross who is also a girl, she always pins her down and growls aggressively at it. It's just the one dog though. Is this just a personality/individual thing or will I have to always keep an eye for other females or keep an eye out for other bully breeds?
>>
>>2027066
Mine's a total weenie, he needs to get used to playing with other dogs. Right now he likes playing with other breeds his size. It really depends on the individual dog i guess.
>>
>>2027066
Euthanasia.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Have a Sheltie in an upper class area. Tons of old people stop me to say hi to dog and talk about the Shelties they grew up with back in the day, and how they find it sad that nobody in our area has them.
>>
>>2027209
I hate those dogs they never stop barking
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-31+at+01.21.06).jpg (596 KB, 1446x962) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-31+at+01.21.06).jpg
596 KB, 1446x962
>>2027209
aw, so cute. Love me some shelties. so smart and athletic in a nice cuddlable package
>>
>>2026914
>people adopting her didnt know how to train a dog let alone a puppy.

In my experience, a lot of training dogs don't take age into account. They just say "Puppy" ... and there's a huge fucking difference between a 8 week old and an 8 month old. At 8 months, they start to act like coherent beings and pick up on things really fast. Before that, it's basically like they're high all the time.

Point being, people are being given misinformation on training methods and expectations. BOOKS, real books (they still make them) give you step-by-step week-by-week building blocks to apply. Websites are consolidated trash that just don't work unless every dog is over 8 months.
>>
>>2027032
>My pit, he was hypnotized by my chips.

And always will be. :)
>>
>>2027037
>Every morning they cook them bacon and eggs,

... the fuck?
>>
>>2027038

Looked like a screened in patio or porch going from the walls and flooring. But you know, most people aren't clean people. Their homes aren't spotless. They only clean up for guests. The ones that don't clean up for guests are a special kind of retarded. Anyway, that doesn't say anything about their ability to love a dog.

I only clean up for guests. The dogs are all healthy with yearly checkups, premium food, professional training (24 sessions over 3 months) as well as home reinforcement. But the living room is a fucking wreck. Christ. Good thing they're trained not to eat stray jackets and cords.

(the empty Snapple bottles are intentional. Bitches love empty Snapple bottles.)
>>
>>2027217
>>2027209

I wanted one as our last dog because they are unique and you don't see them hardly ever, but that characteristic has really kept their cost from breeders higher than I'm comfortable with. My 2 girls I have now were only $750 each (shots/deworming/AKC reg included).
>>
File: foxhound.jpg (94 KB, 645x380) Image search: [Google]
foxhound.jpg
94 KB, 645x380
This breed should be renamed "American Snooze Beast". I have never met a dog this relaxed about... everything.

I just adopted one this week, because this is the most relaxed easy going dog I've ever met, but loves to go outside when it's time. He is so quiet I don't know if he can bark.
>>
I was at the dog park and some guy brought a "tame" arctic fox to walk. It says your are an ultra attention seeking special snowflake.

Every dogs was going crazy, because they could smell that it wasn't a dog.
>>
Mixed breed/rescue dogs: act like vegetarians.
>>
I consider all people with purchase pugs or designer dog breeds to be fucking stupid. If you snatch one up from a shelter, fine, but if you support breeding disasters or overcharging for BYB mutts, no.

Also, I assume most people with huskies, malamutes, and GSDs are either furries or wolfaboos.
>>
File: dumbdog.jpg (127 KB, 651x735) Image search: [Google]
dumbdog.jpg
127 KB, 651x735
>>2027283
honestly, once you have one, you see them absolutely everywhere. They're pretty popular I think. I paid $1,200 from a reputable breeder, so I figure that's not so bad. I know some dogs can end up at like 2k. You're paying for the health and temperament of the dog. Invaluable imo since you end up getting so attached.
>>
>>2027355

I see a lot weird shit around here, like labradoodles and chowbradors and stuff. People always have some snowflake name for their mutts, like it makes it less mutty. They will never have the raw beauty of a dog that's mostly full blooded. Labradoodles look retarded when put next to a pure Labrador. And I hate labradors. But, c'mon. Chowbradores next to a Chowchow are laughable.

I just don't get it. (well, I know Labradoodles are hypoallergenic, so that's different) And I'm not an elitest bent on pure bloods. My dog is only 85% German Shephard. But it's still enough to score that regal beauty. It's great grandfather was a Jindo. I don't call it a Germo Jinephard.
>>
>>2027372
Labradoodles aren't actually hypoallergenic. They can be, but it's not reliable, because mutts don't have consistent traits.
>>
>>2027355
Lurchers doesn't seem to be genetic disasters desu.
>>
>>2027355
But do you think by adopting a pug, aren't you essentially advertising the breed as people will see you walk it and say "AWWW I WANT THAT!"

I can't stand non-working breeds. They are dumb as dirt, mentally insecure and have a myriad of health issues.
>>
>>2027406
I was referring to pugs with the genetic disaster comment.

>>2027413
Sure, but it's much less direct than paying a shitty breeder, and it's not a definite. I think the goodness that comes from giving a shitty animal a good life balances it out.
>>
>>2027413
>I can't stand non-working breeds. They are dumb as dirt

I dunno why anyone would want a dumb dog. It's not hard to research intelligence levels of breeds. The only downside to a smart dog is they learn how to break out of their enclosures/rooms. My 3 month old great pyrenees was already opening doors and we had to rig a lock to her kennel so she couldn't break out at night.

But! She learned how to sit, shake, lay down, fetch, stay, speak, etc in less than 10 minutes each. I will get over her ability to open doors in exchange for a dog I can teach to get me drinks from the kitchen.
>>
While I love my mutts, it is unlikely I'll get another one. I got really unlucky, they've got a myriad of unpredictable health problems, especially mental, caused by the three months before we got them. Never again. I'll shell out the cash next time, when I'm financially stable.
>>
>>2027473
Intelligence is usually referred to as ease of training. Not a perfect 1:1 but disloyalty isn't really a trait people want in dogs either.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.