[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit, is /an/ the right place for Kombucha help? I need someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Shit, is /an/ the right place for Kombucha help? I need someone to give me insight on my SCOBY. It's been fermenting for two weeks (I'm in Michigan and it's been cold) and I just want to know if this big fucker is still healthy. The big white dot on it is wet to the touch and doesn't look like mold (possibly the baby SCOBY starting to grow?)
This is my first fermentation, I got the SCOBY mama from my boss. I poured out a bit to taste it last night and it had a funk to it. Like a cheesy smell but it tasted fine (albeit flat since it fermented for so long). I felt fine after drinking it too so I don't think it's gone bad. I've read up on the sulfur smell and it's sometimes due to bad water (I used purified stuff I bought separately) and it's been in this glass contained for a while.

One thing I can guess at is that the black tea I used mightve had some oils in it for flavoring and that is what caused it? I also mention the tea because the SCOBY has a white film above the water.

I'm gonna follow up with some more pics, thank you in advance and I apologize if this is the wrong place for Kombucha threads. I considered /ck/ but this was a question directly related to the fungus itself so I came here first. Thanks again
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Here's the same shot with flash. Again I don't think it's bad it just doesn't look pancake-y as most photos of SCOBY online show up. Like a solid piece that can be picked up. Side view shot explains this better. Will upload in a minute
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Here's a side view of it. Just a few strands of yeast hanging down.

My mistake in this whole process was thinking the baby would grow to a full radius on the first batch, turns out it needs a few rounds of fermentation to fully grow. So I let it sit for a long time and now it tastes really tangy
>>
Ew.

I don't know what the hell that is but since you mentioned tasting it, you're probably better off asking /ck/. Most people here don't eat their projects.
>>
>>2025788
I-is that a jar of spunk? You mention tasting it, did you drink mouldy spunk..?
>>
File: B3uuMNQCUAEcEA7.png (336 KB, 534x446) Image search: [Google]
B3uuMNQCUAEcEA7.png
336 KB, 534x446
You can't fool me, OP. I know who you are and what that is.
>>
Ah, never mind. I'm headed to /ck/
If anyone is curious:

http://wellnessmama.com/23994/kombucha-benefits/
>>
Ah, never mind. I'm headed to /ck/

For anyone curious:
http://wellnessmama.com/23994/kombucha-benefits/
>>
There are several kombucha groups on face book. Join on and ask your questions there. You are more likely to get a serious answer.
>>
Cumbacha thats gross
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.