[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have to take care of a jardine parrot for 2 weeks because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: greaterjardineinfo008.jpg (166 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
greaterjardineinfo008.jpg
166 KB, 600x456
So I have to take care of a jardine parrot for 2 weeks because a friend of mine is going on vacation. That bird is extremely chill, lazy and doesn't give a fuck. Also tame.

Now I myself own a lovebird who is also tame and very playful. Now I thought taking them both outside their cage and let them meet each other would be a good idea.
Now the other parrot didn't give a fuck about meeting my lovebird, and my lovebird started attacking it.

The jardine was eating an apple so I don't know if it was trying to steal it or attacking.
I just took my bird away before any (possible) serious injuries. Does that mean they hate each other, or is this a normal way of "meeting" each other?
>>
Birds of different species may get along very poorly and even try to kill eachother. Or they may not, but it's best to just keep them seperated... you never know.
>>
lovebirds are known for being aggressive towards other species, it depends on the individual, but generally lovebirds don't mix well...

some birds can though, my green cheek and budgies get along fine (they play together, share food, and can chill on their shared playground no problem), and they're cool with my uncle's cockatiel (occasionally the cockatiel hisses at my green cheek and she runs away, but mostly they just preen each other or sit near each other), but i wouldn't immediately trust any other bird with them, especially depending on the kind
>>
>>2025782
Yeah different species sometimes have trouble getting along. What do you mean by attack?

At any rate it is best to only allow different species to interact under supervision so you did good.
>>
>>2025783
>>2025837
>>2025895
Alright, thanks guys. I won't let them out anymore at the same time.

>>2025895
>What do you mean by attack?

The jardine bird was eating an apple and my bird immediately tried to bite her beak. The jardine bird even stepped back but my bird tried it again.

That's when I took my bird away. None of them were injured. If my bird wanted to eat that apple so bad, it could take a bite from the apple itself and not the bird.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.