[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, this may be a bit of /adv/ but it's mostly pet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1431191031894.jpg (339 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1431191031894.jpg
339 KB, 1920x1200
Hey guys, this may be a bit of /adv/ but it's mostly pet related.

My dog is sick with a serious virus, and my girlfriend and myself have been doing everything we can, but it seems some days he does better, then suddenly decays a bit more. I know the time is coming, but my girlfriend wants to continue finding new medication to help him, he's got progressive paralysis on all 4 legs and obviously cannot stand up.

He is able to drink and eat just fine and everything other than that, the real problem I am facing is that I am afraid to make a decision because my girlfriend keeps telling me I will feel guilty if I don't try every thing possible to fix him. As my dog is only 6 years old, I guess that's why she wants to keep going.

We do have means to take him to rehab and help recover muscle control, but I still don't know if it's time to raise the flag here, when exactly is there still hope, and when exactly are we just leading our dogs on? Local vets tell us to put him down, but vets with serious expertise on distemper tell us not to just yet, that we should continue using NDV until Distemper shows negative.

Have you been in this situation before? How do you order your thoughts and get set on a course of action? Thanks for your help /an/
>>
What was your dog diagnosed with?
How long have you been treating him?
>>
>>2024704

Distemper, it'll be 2 months of different treatments on November 11th.

We did go through a wrong initial treatment because the vet what incredibly fucking retarded, though. But we've been on the right track for about 3 weeks.
>>
>>2024713
Why wasn't your dog vaccinated?
>>
>>2024719
Long story made extremely short. Dog was scheduled for his booster shots right around when my gf brought a stray dog she found in spite of me telling her to gtfo with that dog which turned to have distemper.
>>
>>2024713
Are you the bro with the husky that had the gross eyes because of drops?
>>
File: 7047836060_o.jpg (282 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
7047836060_o.jpg
282 KB, 2048x1536
>>2024759
Yeah! Woah, it's so strange someone recognized me. These are his eyes about 4 days ago.
>>
>>2024767
/an/ always remembers sick sad puppies and wants them better.

Plus I remember you started your post with 'To make a long story extremely short' just as you did above.
>>
If you have the finances, I would listen to the vets with expertise on the matter. They will tell you if its getting time and the animal is just suffering. It is an ilness though, he isn't going to get over it in any magical amount of time. Your local vets probably don't deal with a lot of people that have good enough finances to go through with treatment, they probably expect you to put him down when the costs get too high and you've been through so much emotional stress. They probably try to save people from some of that pain, you know?
>>
How could she be so fucking stupid?
>>
>>2024957
Beats me. But that's another issue, anon.
>>
>>2025064
How can you not hate her guts for painfully killing your poor dog?
>>
bump for
B I R B S
I
R
B
S
>>
>>2025065

Because my dog also loves her and it's not good for my dog to perceive those feelings. Plus she has helped funding his treatments.

We are ordering a second batch of NDV Induced serum and taking him to acupuncture sessions to start therapy for his tetraplegia.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.