[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /an/, lets talk about the worst mistakes we done in pet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 2020.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
2020.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Okay /an/, lets talk about the worst mistakes we done in pet keeping.

My worst mistake was buying a bunch of fish because 'they look cool' about 4 years ago and smashing them into a 30 gallon, up to this day only 1 is alive, and it's a plecostomus.

(pic unrelated)
>>
>>2023588
my granny kept goldfish, they were over 20 years old fuggen huge. When she died they were passed on to a family friend with a giant pond.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. Fish are deceptively hard to keep alive in tanks, especially when they're young.
>>
I took horrible care of my Guinea Pigs when I was little. I loved going down the slide so I thought my piggies would like it too... Then I wondered why their feet were all red afterwards.
>>
I convinced my parents to let me get a turtle when I was 7yrs old. 22yrs later the son of a bitch is still alive.
>>
>>2023601
Now that i actually done research for the past 2 years i know how to keep my fish alive and healthy. I currently have fish in a 30 gallon, been in here for 2 years and living happily. The stock is 1 kribensis, 1 dragon goby, 1 goldfish, 1 moonlight gorami, the pleco i mention in the original post, and a small rapheal cat (who goes missing one day but reappears the next)
>>
>>2023609
I have a turtle too, aggressive fucker.
>>
When I was little I took the absolute worst care of this leopard gecko.
Mesh cage, no hides, on sand
Petsmart would have been a better place for it
My parents didn't give a shit
Luckily it died in an accident less than a year after I got it
>>
>>2023612
Yeah mines ornery too.
>>
>>2023617

>it died in an accident

Story pls
>>
Buying a puppy from a BYB.
>>
>>2023624

>Buying a puppy from a BYB.
I read that as
>being a puppy from a BYB.

No one on The Internet know you're a dog.
Nobody.
>>
Collecting a handful of crickets in to sandwich bag to transfer them from their bin to lizard's tank. A couple jump loose. Don't chase them because who cares? They'll hop around for a week and then die somewhere like all the other wild bugs that get in my apartment.

Crickets do not die. Crickets apparently thrive. Three weeks of chirping. I put out every style of trap I read about. Nothing worked. Three fucking weeks all day all night I swear to god they were coming in to my bedroom and chirping right next to my head as I was trying to sleep. Then sometimes there would be a couple hours silence, just enough for me to think they had finally died. Then. It. Starts. AGAIN.

I don't feed crickets to the lizards anymore. There are quieter alternatives.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.