[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
aquarium
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 20151225_111137.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151225_111137.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
So. I have a little problem with this... This is the current situation in my tank. I forgot tp clean it for 3 weaks and this happened. I've cleaned it 2 times since. One of the times i've almost emptied the whole tank and refilled it. I've tried algea pills without progress... Please help...
>>
Get it away from the window
>>
>>2023234
it looks very artsy with those hundreds of shades of green

I like it.
>>
no lights for a few days
>>
Holy shit?
Is the water green or is algae on the sides of the tank? If you can, scrape it off. If it's just green water, I dunno, turn off the lights and cover it for a few days?
If none of that helps, consider a 100% water change.
>>
Wtf senpai
>>
get an uv sterilizer.
>>
>>2023234
UV sterilizer, it will clear just about any amount of green water out given enough time

my 300 rubbermaid pond was soup as well OP, uv sterilizer cleared it up in a matter of days.
>>
>>2023995
These do work 100% for clearing water, OP. Only downside is they're expensive.
>>
leopard gecko cute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSyEP-KsSysyscUke5wk8hg
>>
File: image.gif (496 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
496 KB, 480x269
SHARKBAIT HOO HA HA!
>>
>>2023234
Either >>2023995 or cover it with a garbage bag for a week with the light off. Maybe cut a hole in the bag so you can feed the fish.
>>
>>2024256
Fish can generally go about a week without food. They do that to reduce ammonia in shipping bags.

You need plants OP.
You have too much light, too much nutrients.
Get some duckweed and this will be fixed with a net. Get an amazon sword plant, and you'll have prettier neon tetras, they're from the same place, and they will recognize it and be comforted by it.
>>
If after plants don't work, get some copper wire from the inside of an extension cord that you sacrifice, and plop it in the water.

But if you forget to water change, your fish will pay the price without the algae to help. Other things eat fish pee too, some of those things are fish diseases, or even neurotoxic cyanobacteria.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.