[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My golden retriever just turned 10 and he has been really lethargic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
My golden retriever just turned 10 and he has been really lethargic lately. His hips are still pretty OK, but he has a bit of dysplasia. What worries me most is that he spends so much time lying down and he has so little drive to do anything.

Whenever he lies down on his dogbed, he breathes really heavily and forcedly (almost a wheezing sound).

What should I do?
>>
Take the dog into the vet and tell them exactly what you told us.

He might need something as simple as some pain meds every once in a while, or it could be something more serious that needs to be examined, but honestly the vets the only one that can help you with this type of question. We're really no help on dog health unless its minor cuts and scrapes.
>>
>>2023186
I don't want to hear bad news...I have nothing except my pup...he is my whole life
>>
>>2023199
Are you sure you'd rather have him suffer and die painfully and sadly than take him to a vet where he could possibly just need pain meds and live the rest of his life happy?
>>
>>2023199
This is a stupid way of thinking.

Your dog could have something incredibly wrong with it and you choose not to hear it because it might hurt.

It's better to hear the bad news and start fighting it early rather than waiting for death.
>>
>>2023199
What, do you think if the dog has a medical problem ignoring it will make it not get worse?

Going to the vet can literally only improve the situation if there is one.
>>
>>2023205
>>2023203
>>2023202

I can't afford a vet. I'm basically hoping for a christmas miracle and letting him eat as much bacon as he wants.
>>
OP here.

Sprinkles passed in the night.
>>
>>2024553
Sorry for your loss OP
>>
My condolences OP.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.