[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw spending Christmas Eve trying to comfort mom's dying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: feelingit.jpg (25 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
feelingit.jpg
25 KB, 300x199
>tfw spending Christmas Eve trying to comfort mom's dying dog in his last moments

Not having fun this year, guys.
>>
File: 20151031_042242.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151031_042242.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>2023102
sorry to hear that

i would post a bunch of puppie pictures of my bitch but my dad strangled 4 of them while i as on a job interview so im not kinda in a mood to do so

i feel your pain bro
>>
>>2023335
Wtf? Your dad strangled your puppies to death?
>>
>>2023102
>my 60 year old mother has never liked dogs and always said there will never be a dog in the house
>7 years ago her stepson demanded a puppy so we got one
>she instantly fell in love with it, claiming it as her own

She loves that dog more than life itself...I'm seriously worried for her mental stability once it dies, she freaks out and breaks down if he even so much as starts dry heaving.
>>
>>2023398
OP here. My mom but never liked the idea of having a pet she got agreed to take a dog from a friend who was moving and couldn't take it with her.
It's kind of funny. She would tell me about the things her friend had to do for her old, arthritic dog and said that she'd never do stuff like that, but now she is, cooking him chicken to try and make him eat and sticking her hand in his mouth to try and give him pain pills.

I had to go home, so I won't be there for it when he passes. I know that he's just old and tired and it's time, but it's still really sad. Makes me regret taking him for granted and not doing more with him.

I'm gonna go hug my cat now.
>>
>>2023398
My mom is kind of the same way.

She hated my childhood dog because it was never trained, and it marked in the house. It never bit, was never aggressive, but she hated him because, you know, they'd expected 5-year old me to train it and I didn't know any better.

Fast forward 20 years and she's got this schnauzer-yorkie mix that is neurotic, shits itself out of anger when anyone comes near the house, and bites the shit out of anyone that dares to exist in the same place as where my mom might think about wanting to be. She loves the thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
My childhood dog died earlier this year at the age of fourteen. Being away from home most of the time, it wasn't hard for me to deal with (she wasn't part of my daily routine, after all) but whenever I visit I can feel the void she left behind. I took a walk earlier, around the neighborhood I grew up in, and got teary-eyed reminiscing about her. You don't realize how truly special and irreplaceable your pets are until they're gone.
>>
>>2023102
My dog just died a few hours ago on Christmas. I've never really lost anyone close before, so it's been hitting me like crazy ever since. I'll adjust to it in time, but this is some awful shit to experience.

0/10, would not recommend.

I don't know how to comfort myself or others that have to deal with this. Maybe focus on the good times instead of the bad (or worse, the good times that you'll never have). My dog had some good experiences and I'm thankful that I was able to give him a decent life. Alot of dogs never get to experience that.
>>
You're not alone on having a shitty year bro

>early 2015 half sister commits suicide
>fail all my classes 4th semester of college
>depressed
>dad goes out to supermarket and truck crashes into his car totalling it (dad is fine)
>dad has to pay 7k in repairs
>dad loses oil-field related job due to crisis
>cant pay for next semester college
>live in third world country no jobs available
>go to the beach with family to find relief and clam down for a min
>get a call in the morning the first night were there
>house broken into
>pug and shit-zu poisoned by thieves
>pug and shit-zu found dead in backyard after 140 miles an hour getting back home
>burry pug and shit-zu
>last week my neighbor bitch crashed into my car (i live in a spoon, bitch cant drive and fucks up the car door)
>friend who i mentored in high school commits suicide

Its okay man. Life is all about up and downs, and death is just as normal as life. Live your chapters and have a good conclusion.
Also watched star wars tonight, totally dissapointed.
Still depressed.
Moving forward dont give a fuck because we're all better than what life throws at us.
Stop being a pussy.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.