[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my dog keeps biting his paws until he hurts himself. also noticed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 20151224_200157.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151224_200157.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
my dog keeps biting his paws until he hurts himself. also noticed this lump. anybody know what can be causing this behavior?
>>
no but a vet would
>>
>>2022885
You're giving us literally zero information. How the fuck do you expect anyone to know what's wrong with your dog when all you tell us is "he bites his foot. How fix? what happen!!!". Take him to a vet.
>>
>>2022885
That looks like a tumour on his foot. Go get it cut off or amputate the foot at the vets. Dogs adapt pretty well.
>>
>>2022885
Could be out of boredom, some dogs chew their paws if they're not getting enough enrichment
>>
>>2022885
my dog does this too. its neurological.

nothing you can do but punch his head when you see him licking his paws and put some antibacterial creame on the wound.

the lump is just swelling. nothing serious. trust me
>>
>nothing serious, trust me. I owned a dog once, I THINK I'm qualified to diagnose yours.
everyone in this thread
>>
>>2022885
he's biting it 'cause it itches, you dip. punish him for biting it, then immediately smother it in hydrocortizone cream. you can get the generic brand at a supermarket, its like 5 bucks or something.
>>
>>2022885

Go to the vet you fucking spastic
>>
>>2022950
dogs are so fucking retarded. shit pets.
>>
>>2022998
>Instead of finding out why it itches and fixing it, punish your dog for scratching his itch!
How much of a fucking ignorant twat do you have to be to even think this?
>>
>>2023063
i just mean tell him no bad dog or whatever the standard thing he does, but "punish" was only 6 letters, i was just being brief. try not to get too upset about i, sweetheart.
>>
>>2023070
inb4 anon calls you an animal abuser and says positive reinforcement is all you need
>>
>>2022885
botfly
>>
>>2023058
this
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Sick dog help thread? My 8 yo female havanese hasn't been feeling too well. She's been having short, 3 second seizures whenever she gets really excited. She'll lay on her side a paddle while she's doing it. Afterwards she'll lay around lazily in one spot for a good 30 minutes. While she's laying around her back legs will act as if she's drunk and weak. She also hasn't been eating very well. Her gums are white and the poor girl used to have heart worms 4 years ago. We took her to the vet and they did x-Rays of her heart. Apparently one side of her heart is larger than the other but the vet still wants to do more tests (initial test was $250 and this one will be $500). Any idea what it could be anons? I don't want to lose her
>>
>>2022885
food allergy. switch to LID
>>
>>2023092
its gonna die. make ur time.
>>
If only there was some kind of...doctor for animals or something... Someone with the education and tools to diagnose domestic animals for a living... If only...
>>
>>2022885

>wrap paws in clean bandages
>put hotsauce on the outside of the bandages
>MAKE DAMN WELL SURE THE HOTSAUCE ISN'T TOUCHING THE WOUND

alternatively, i'm fairly certain they make boots for dogs, buy a set, put them on him, then put hotsauce on the boots.
>>
>>2023211
isnt it obvious to everyone who has a dog that this child has never had a dog. i mean cmon.... bandages and hotsauce.... this is like the script of an episode of codename: kids next door
>>
>>2023258
To be fair, I've done the same thing before when an e-collar wasn't feasible. Used bitter spray instead of hotsauce though.
>>
>>2022885
>dog bites foot
>foot gets infected
Step one, go to vet.
Step two, go to vet.
>>
>>2023211
>hotsauce

WTF anon. I sure hope you don't have animals, or that you are baiting.
>>
Try clotriomazole and inspect for fungus growth. If there is no fungus its rational to think that it is another cause for an itch, look for glass or splinter and apply oil on it for now. Seek a vet for professional service
>>
>>2022885
Every single anon in this thread who is saying anything other than TAKE IT TO THE FUCKING VET is retarded.

TAKE IT TO THE FUCKING VET. In the meantime, get a large bowl of warm CLEAN water. Mix in enough salt until you yourself would be comfortable using it to gargle with. Then soak your dog's paw in the bowl for as long as possible.

Do this regularly, multiple times a day, until you can TAKE YOUR FUCKING DOG TO A VET YOUR IGNORANT LAZY FUCK.
>>
>>2024972
why would you take a dog to the vet for a superficial surface wound and minor swelling? you like to waste vets time ... or??? maybe you are a vet trying to drum up business?

OP there is literally nothing wrong here. just put some antibiotic ointment on it and buy him a huge rawhide so he licks that instead of his paw.
>>
>>2023071
>>2023070
>inb4 you ignoring your dog's health issues and yelling at him for showing symptoms because you're too poor to go to the vet
>>
>>2023258
>>2024911

>I've never trained a dog before

you put hot sauce on things you don't want your dog to chew on, this is basic knowledge. Its the same principle of bitter apple spray. And yes, I do own animals, and in fact am willing to bet I own more in both number, weight, and value than you.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.