[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/, me and my gf recently got two kittens. It will be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: cat_fireworks.png (814 KB, 900x553) Image search: [Google]
cat_fireworks.png
814 KB, 900x553
Hey /an/, me and my gf recently got two kittens.

It will be NY eve in a bit more than a week and I hadn't considered that they would freak out about the fireworks.

I saw online that you can acclimate cats to the sound of firework but is +- 9 days enough?

Does anybody have experiences or tips?
>>
Honestly, I'd just put them in a safe, quiet room with hiding places and let them freak out if they want- you only get fireworks once or twice a year, it's not really worth acclimatising them year-round imo. Cats usually just want to hide in a safe cosy spot if they don't like something, it may not be a great night for them but it won't kill them.
>>
>>2021064
We live in a city appartment, not a lot of room to create a good safe space. Also people are allowed to use fireworks in my country so it'll be a complete day of noise.

The kittens have never experienced the anxiety of fireworks I'd thought I'd learn them it's allright before they're afraid of it. I'll just try what I can before NYE, not too much trouble.
>>
>>2021067
So I guess ypu live in fucking Mexico, right?
>>
Honestly, it depends on the animal. I adopted my dog right before 4th of July, and I live in a neighborhood full of dumb niggers and white trash who think the entire week warrants fireworks.

I got a little nervous, but my puppy did fine. He was about 3 months old then, a little older. I was more nervous than he was.
>>
Get a couple bags of cat treats. Play the sound of fireworks loudly on your computer but just shy of scaring them, give each cat a treat every time there's a sound. Over the course of the remaining days make the volume louder until it's the volume of real fireworks. Don't give them these kinds of cat treats at _any_ other time and always leave the training on a high note where neither of them seem scared.
>>
I've had cats that ignore the sounds and cats that just want to be comforted in my lap; never had any that lose their shit. Get the plug-ins that release calming pheromones if you are worried. If the cats start freaking out, plug it in. If not, return it and get your money back.
>>
File: iroh zuko.jpg (186 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
iroh zuko.jpg
186 KB, 1600x1200
>>2021161
Amsterdam, Netherlands.
>>2021257
Thanks I'll try this.
>>2021315
Never heard of calming pheromones. I'll research it. Thanks.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.