[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with an overly attached cat? I adopted her when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: kitten-cat-clipart.jpg (184 KB, 1760x1920) Image search: [Google]
kitten-cat-clipart.jpg
184 KB, 1760x1920
How do I deal with an overly attached cat? I adopted her when she was a stray abandoned due to the death of her owner, and she's lovely. However, she's almost too clingy. She waits outside my bathroom when taking a dump, and runs in after I'm done. She follows me around, and according my parents, howls when I'm staying the night at my bf's. Whats the deal here? I'm concerned about taking some vacation elsewhere because she'll apparently look for me constantly when I'm not home and howl. Is this cat anxiety? Or what?
>>
People complain about cats being complete cunts and you complain because yours is affectionate. Come on.
>>
my cat is like this. I've had a lot of cats before but my wife unknowling trained it to act like this. she talks to him all the time. acts really happy to see him. its like the cat is addicted to the interaction. ignore your cat more.
>>
>>2020982
Same here. My cat is 3 months and is super clingy. He was found abandoned by my sister. Cat had been left out for at least a week. Told the vet and she said it's basically abandonment issues. If the bet hadn't told me it I'd think it's BS, but yeah it's a real thing.
>>
>>2020982
get another cat to be its friend. my cat used to follow me around everywhere before I got him a friend. He still follows me but not as much
>>
>>2020982
For how long have you had this cat, OP?
I got a rescued cat two years ago, she had been thrown inside a bag to my uni's yard. The first day she was super anxious, but by reaching out to her, patience, and offering food, she eventually got attached to me... Too attached, maybe. She wouldn't stop meowing until I came to my room to pet her and stay with her. Now she's much more chill about it, being her clingy lovely self, but having her own independence
Also, as >>2021339 said, getting another cat might be a good idea, so they aren't so lonely. Make sure the other cat is young though, at kitten age, so they play around and act friendly rather than acting agressively if they're both adults
>>
>>2021010
I like my cats being complete cunts and independent. If I wanted an overly affectionate animal, a subversive dog would've been my choice.

I do love her, she's a lovely cat and I treasure her affection, but it seems like too much at times if she's howling for me when I'm not home.
>>
>>2020982
>howls when I'm staying the night at my bf's.

>lives with her parents
>sluts it up by sleeping at her bf's house

scandalous, OP
>>
>>2020982
Enjoy her company as much as you can. I have a cat who was exactly the same way. She was also a stray cat when I found her (or rather when she found me) and does the same things you mention, tries to break down the bathroom door to make sure I'm not drowning when I'm showering, yowls at the front door when I go to work, etc.

The reason why I tell you to enjoy her company is... well, my cat, who was super clingy like yours, is currently dying of cancer. When the symptoms started showing and we took her to the vet, it was already too late. And these past two days, she's gotten so weak that she can't even stay standing up, she just slips and topples over whenever she tries to walk. Once the vet comes back from Christmas vacation, I'll never be able to make anymore new memories with her.

So enjoy her company, love, and affection while you can. Don't take it for granted.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.