[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't people put their dogs outside in dog houses anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
Why don't people put their dogs outside in dog houses anymore?
>>
They like fleas. And think somehow the dog is a human.
>>
because leaving your dog outside ALL THE TIME is a shitty thing to do, but having shelter for them when they are outside for whatever reason is a good idea as a back up option

plus dogs kept outside 24/7 are usually the ones involved in fatal bites. less socialized and less well mannered
>>
Most people aren't trailer trash who enjoy the sound of a dog barking nonstop because it's bored out of it's mind.
>>
>>2020450
How would a house make a dog less bored?
>>
>>2020416
>his dogs have fleas
>>
>>2020458
Because that's were everyone else is you, brick. How is being tied up outside more entertaining, if you wouldn't mind expounding your great knowledge.
>>
>>2020461
I mean. I feel having a nice fenced yard is more exciting than a house. I don't think dogs care about property or being similar to their owners. I can understand how a doghouse will make them feel safe, but not entertained.
>>
>>2020462
Fenced in yard changes things. Tied up on a rope is a shit life for a dog. Most outdoor dog owners use the rope/chain method. Your vision of outdoor dogs in fenced in properties is a rare one.
>>
>>2020468
Oh, a house would be better if they are tied up. That sounds kindof sad.
>>
>>2020475
Ideal situations are hard to come by. I've also seen lots of dogs that love house life with their people. They go out to do business and come right back in.
>>
My dogs are kind enough to share their dog house with me. We have separate entrances and water fountains but they are equal so it is ok.
>>
>>2020490
Shit-tier social commentary, anon.

Jon Stewart would approve.
>>
It's funny, my dog loved staying outside. Specially durring the winter. She loved the cold. We got in a lot of trouble for it too.
>>
Ive kept my dogs outside since I was little. They've been fine. When it's cold at night I let them inside
>>
>>2020354
I like that that's a nice dog house.
>>
>>2020354
It's really an American thing anyway
>>
File: 1424572366991.jpg (165 KB, 700x698) Image search: [Google]
1424572366991.jpg
165 KB, 700x698
>>2020354

>have really strange but smart german mutt growing up
>dad is a carpenter, and he builds her neat little doghouse for backyard
>she loves to lay in it, sometimes i get in it with her and sleep and play
>one night she keeps whining to come in
>dad keeps dragging her out to her little shed but she just whimpers and cries and i beg to let her sleep with me
>we wake up next day and there had been a huge thunderstorm overnight
>oak tree in neighbors backyard was knocked over from wind and had completely crushed her little doghouse
>dad lets her sleep inside from now on

miss you casey :(
>>
>>2020529
yeah, when I was in the midwest the neighbors had this huge fluffball of a dog and he'd go ham when it snowed. It was pretty fun playing with him from time to time when he was out there.

Got a video of him playing fetch in a blizzard, pretty comfy.
>>
Most dog houses are shit-tier now. Back in the day you actually built a small shelter so your dog didn't freeze to death, now thy're all cheap made-in-China pieces of shit and plastic igloos.
>>
>>2020697
Seems like you could just add some blankets to the plastic shit to recover the insulation value you lost from not having wood.

Albeit the dog would probably get the blankets wet and eventually ruin them.
>>
>>2020468
Jesus christ, what kind of shit-tier person leaves their dog tied to a stick?

I've lived in the pretty shitty neighbourhoods of Australia my entire life and I've literally never seen that.
>>
>>2020354
because most of people in my country live in apartments. Those of rural areas still do it btw.
>>
>>2020462
>I don't think dogs care about property or being similar to their owners
Other anon was referring to an ACTUAL house i.e. the dog being inside with its owners and family. He was saying the dog would find that less boring because it gets to be with people and have more interaction.
>>
>>2020823
Ausfag here too.
I think it's a yank thing as I too have never seen that except in Hollywood movies
>>
A dog is either a working animal or a companion animal. I can't imagine the point of having a companion dog if you leave it outside all the time. I've met a working farmdog though and he seemed perfectly content to walk the farm, play with visitors and sleep in his bed in one of the sheds somewhere when he wasn't working.
>>
I'm scared my dog will be taken for dog fight food ):
>>
At night, if a dog barks in the garden there is someone along the road, but if it barks in the house, there is someone behind the door.
>>
>>2020468
Yeah here in Australia if you don't have a yard, you don't get a medium to large dog or you are branded a shit cunt. Small dogs are common in apartments. Even then those people cop it a bit.
>>
>>2020823
>>2021363
>>2020831
Honestly, and I'm not trying to be /pol/ tier, a lot of black people use the stake and chain method. Trashy people of all creeds as well, though.
>>
>>2020354

People who keeps their dogs inside while they have a yard fuck dogs.
>>
>>2020823

People who are normal and can make a difference between a pet and a child.
>>
>>2020831
It's a southerner and black guy thing. Decent people don't do it. The south is the source of 60% of tha nations strays. It's just genrally a terrible place that drags the country down.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.