[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just broke with my girlfriend because she brought three abandoned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1450303663821.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450303663821.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
I just broke with my girlfriend because she brought three abandoned puppies she found on the street. She wants them to give them for adoption but currently we already have 4 dogs and 9 cats and I can't stand the possibility of becoming more of an animal hoarder. We already changed our lives for living with the animals so they could live well but I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't know why I'm posting this, maybe for some support, maybe to tell me I'm an idiot. I love her, but I can't deal with the sudden appearances of abandoned animals. In the stupid country where I live, animals just dont matter for a lot of people so they just kill them or abandon them around.
>>
You shouldn't have broken up with your girlfriend. Try to work your issues out maybe. Like talk to her.
>>
>>2020303
Your choice, i wouldn't ne able to support someone who own more than 4 animals, it require way too much time.

Op find someone else, or don't, just do the best for yourself, if you have tp force you past a certain point it's not a good idea to stay with her.
>>
>>2020303
Wait, so instead of giving them to a shelter she brought them straight to your house?
>>
>>2020343
OP is probably in Russia or some other third-world toilet that doesn't have animal shelters.
>>
>but currently we already have 4 dogs and 9 cats
Wut
>>
File: Death4.png (89 KB, 206x372) Image search: [Google]
Death4.png
89 KB, 206x372
Some people have trouble with the concept that you can't save the world, that not everyone is going to make it, that sometimes we live a very harsh and unforgiving existence.

Some people are too weak willed to come to grips with such suffering.

Not saying it's good or bad but it may be obvious to you that you can't literally have an animal shelter at your house, but her conscience and psyche can't do it any other way. I'm sure you've tried convincing her already so just do your best to move on.
>>
OP here, well, yes. I already had another problems about this same issue mixed with other stuff makes me want to end the relationship. In my country (Chile) we don't have shelters, just small places run by volunteer people, you won't believe the amount of abandoned dogs and cats we have in the streets. But I can't deal with it, I already put a lot of effort in taking care of the other animals we already have and I need a place where I know I won't have more animals to look for. It's horribly painful to finish the relationship, because she is really an amazing girl.
>>
not gonna lie bro she sounds like a fucking freak, consider yourself lucky you got out by your own accord, instead of coming home and seeing her mid gang bang with the entire forest of woodlands creatures
>>
Sucks for her I guess.

Bring this shit to >>>/r9k/
>>
Dude I'm currently staying at my new girlfriend's parent's place even though I own my home. My ex whom I have a beautiful child with decided to turn my house into an animal shelter. Dogs, cats, horses, chickens, rabbits if someone didn't want it anymore, she'd take it. Food ran around $5000 a year and vet bills were about $15,000 a yr. She refused to get a job. Fuck I should've started this thread.

Point of my ramblings of failure is get away from her before you have a kid and a house full of animals. If it's anything like my situation she might be amazing but there's a part of her that DOESN'T WANT TO CHANGE.

I think you'll have a better time searching for another amazing woman than the gratification of living poorly to feed other people's responsibilities.
>>
>>2020343
see
>>2020344

A lot of countries don't have proper, humane animal control schemes.
>>
>>2021582
>Point of my ramblings of failure is get away from her before you have a kid and a house full of animals
This would be the perfect opening line for a successful, heartwarming family comedy, delivered as an advice from the male main character's best friend. Then, the main character would go ahead and do just that. As the plot thickens, the mc will come to a breaking point where he dumps the wife like you did, but then he'd have some fateful encounter where he'd learn what really matters in life, eventually rturning to her. The "ending" of the movie would feature the mc getting ready to go to work, with the wife, kid and animals causing a ruckus around him and stressing him out, but the audience would know that everything is okay, since a cheerful punk-rock song, which will also cover the credits, has already begun playing.
>>
>>2021582
You may have a child, but he will still be fatherless.
>>
The kid is with me. My new gf is really good with my kid. She's not Mom but I take her to see her mom at my house whenever she wants. The kid basically has 2 father's and 2 mothers.
>>
>>2021600
I'm guessing you are satisfied with how your ex-wife's new man is treating your daughter?
>>
>>2021582
>She refused to get a job.

You did the right thing.
>>
>>2020303
Heres an idea:

Start a Shelter.
>>
>>2020303
Pet hoarders are a real problem. I don't know how to deal with it, I'm guessing most people don't.

I've dealt with/am sort of dealing with a hoarder problem right now. Don't want to get into specifics, but shit's rough. I feel for you.

>>2020344
I live in America. For some people, taking them to a shelter or even giving them away isn't an option in their mind.
>>
>>2021593
In real life, the animals have destroyed the house and it burns to breathe.
>>
>>2020303
Sounds like a hoarding situation. You probably won't be able to change her. Be happy you ended it. Millions of animals are suffering every second, you can't save all of them by letting them live in your own house.

Happy I don't live in a place (from Norway) where you regularly see abandoned animals. I don't know what i would do if I came by a box of puppies, or just found some in an alley, and couldn't turn them in to a proper shelter.
>>
>>2020376
Chilean here: Add also that some "Animalists" would tore you up for a/b/c reasons, would cry and shit if someone can't keep a stray dog/cat under that person's care but blink an eye if the same stray dog/cat bites a kid/old person.

You did the right thing, anon. I still wonder if she will end being an Animal hoarder.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.