[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe your pet can understand what you're saying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: I'm listening.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
I'm listening.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
Do you believe your pet can understand what you're saying but chooses to ignore you?
>>
No, because I'm not retarded
>>
>>2020168
My cat listens, just use your hands and gestures as well and they usually get the message.
>>
>>2020172
this
>>
File: SamusMorphBall.jpg (76 KB, 574x960) Image search: [Google]
SamusMorphBall.jpg
76 KB, 574x960
She definitely knows 'hungry' and 'food'. Also 'Kitty', she looks when we say it now, I think we call her Kitty more than her actual name.
>>
I don't know, but one time I broke up a cat fight outside from inside my home by verbally chastising the aggressor cat. He looked at me, then the other cat, then me again, and then walked away.

It was kinda freaky, to be honest.
>>
I think people often misunderstand animal body language, especially in cats.
My cats all know their names. If I call to one and he is sitting with his back to me, he will swivel his ears around to listen to me, without moving his body. It may look like he isn't paying attention, but he is.
>>
They do not always ignore me.
They can understand, if not too ,,, cutsey
forget the babytalk
they are more cowboy and rednecks than anything
>>
My cat understands "no" especially when said in a stern tone and will sometimes ignore my order.

He has this particular mew he lets out I fuss at him as if to say he heard me. Sometimes he mews and complies, sometimes he mews and does what he wants. Only time he ever makes that particular noise is when I get stern with him.
>>
>>2020732
>>2020478
Both of these are on point a bit. I feel like most animals have the capacity of speech with us that a 2-4 year old has, in that they will hear you and may understand what you want of them, but will sometimes ignore it if they don't want to listen, or are more interested in something else.

Also like children, they will try to get away with things if they can.
>>
My cat knows about twenty words and that plus she recognises the tone if my voice and knows when she can push it and when she can't. She's great with me but pushes it a bit more with my family.
>>
>>2020172
>>2020295
You guys are retarded or haven't had a cat. They're pretty intelligent animals and can learn what some things mean but don't really act on it unless it's food or have been looked after very well.
>>
They understand my general tone of voice. Sadly, they respond to "Refrigerator" if I say it in a tone that I normally use to call their names...
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.